NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Feedback]Two cities from two different countries having same name . Could this be sorted ?

Hello local guides , 

As always i was checking posts in connect and moved to posts from my location and found that a posts from other country has shown in the location tab posts .

here is a screenshot to explain it in a better way .

Screenshot (91).jpg

Here first post is from Hyderabad ,pakistan and next is from Hyderabad,India both having a distance of 1800 kms away and from another country .

This should be sorted that posts tagged with locations having same name but from different countries are showing under the my location posts tab in connect .

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: [Feedback]Two cities from two different countries having same name . Could this be sorted ?

@NarenChandra@ErmesT@LucioV Unfortunately, this is a design limitation. At this time, we are expecting search results to include partial matches, like the location errors you are experiencing. This is something we hope to change in the near future. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Re: [Feedback]Two cities from two different countries having same name . Could this be sorted ?

@JeslynL 

@LucioV @ErmesT @OSAMA have you ever come across situations like this , same named cities in different countries and the posts from that location are merged .

Connect Moderator

No @NarenChandra

And it surprises me a lot, as the location that you insert in the location field is directly connected to Google maps. But of course we don't know how the information are managed in the main page of Connect

Ermes 

Level 10

Yes may be the team behind this could have a look at it and if something is wrong they can sort it .

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

No @NarenChandra

And it surprises me a lot, as the location that you insert in the location field is directly connected to Google maps. But of course we don't know how the information are managed in the main page of Connect

Ermes 

Never seen before, and as @ErmesT wrote is really surprising! Maybe Lithium has got some other geographical source.

Level 10

"Maybe Lithium has got some other geographical source." yes this might be the reason.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

@NarenChandra@ErmesT@LucioV Unfortunately, this is a design limitation. At this time, we are expecting search results to include partial matches, like the location errors you are experiencing. This is something we hope to change in the near future. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Hi @NarenChandra,

Good catch and well documented.

Well done!

Level 10

Thanks @YK1001 , and @JeslynL thanks for the reply . hope this gets sorted in future .