Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feedback Requested: Help improve the questions we ask in Google Maps

For Cafes, Bars...Restaurants...etc. :

1. Do they have chargers for phone?
  2. Is there sockets for chargers(mobile, laptops...) available for guests?
Level 10

Some thoughts...

• Is this an open-air restaurant?
  • Is food made fresh to order?
  • Can you get craft beer here?
  • Is this a chain, or locally-owned?
  • Does this place have security?
  • Is security 24 hours?
  • Does this place have CCTV cameras?
  • Does this place feel safe?
  • Does this place have fast wifi? Lots of places with wifi have really, really bad wifi.
  • Does this establishment have multiple levels (floors)
  • Does this establishment have an elevator? Escalator?
  • Can you rent/borrow vehicles here (for parks, malls, etc).
  • Is the air conditioning cold? (many malls are freezing) Or, do they have air conditioning?
  • Can you get local products here? (I think the closest question now is about locally-sourced ingredients)
  • (Of a chain)? Is this store a great example of what a [insert chain name here, like 7-Eleven] should be?
  • Is their coffee drinkable black? (but, I'm probably the only one who drinks black coffee. Starbucks is terrible without a lot of cream and sugar.)
  • Are the servers friendly?
  • Is there a long line for check-in? (with hotels. Many take forever to check in.)
  • Is the place in good maintenance? Does anything need to be repaired?
  • Is there a sidewalk outside the store?
  • Does this place have automatic doors?
  • Is there a place to hang your coat?
  • Is tipping necessary here? (might say more about the individual user, though)
  • Does the owner work in the restaurant?
  • Is this family-owned?
  • Can you hear the street, from inside the establishment?
  • Does this place have a parking lot?
  • If you drive here during peak times, will you have to pay for parking? (like if they don't have a parking lot)
  • Is this a good place to work with a laptop?
  • Are there stairs that are accessible?

There really needs to be a place to downvote bad questions. "Is this place festive?" Really? Was that a sponsored question from TGIF? And some categories have a gazillion questions. There are 2-3 different versions of the "Live Music" question in the bars category, for example.

Level 7

@SteveWa wrote:

Regarding accessibility... It's a tricky one, as a lot of people don't understand what is actually needed to make a venue "accessible".

<snip>

Google is in a position to bring massive help to disabled people if they can provide meaningful information in this area, but there's probably a need for some guidelines and a deeper understanding of the need and issues first. 

Earlier in the thread I posted a request for a wheelchair question before I realised that Google already ask that question.

I have since discovered a post  listing the wheelchair questions asked  together with guidelines on how to answer the questions.

Not as detailed as what you are asking for but worth a look.

Answering accessibility questions on Google Maps >

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/Answering-accessibility-questions-on-Google-Maps/m-p/...

Level 2

It would be nice to know if it's bike-friendly, with visible and protected spaces for leaving your bicycle

Level 9

Hi @Corrie Thanks for give us a chance to answer a question option improve on Google Map. I agreed with you must be add and also agreed with @LucioV . All LG are doing so valuable feedback and Very Good Suggestion regarding improve the questions we ask in Google Map but I thing WiFi facility, Wheelchair accessibility, Changing rooms are available or not, Car parking Space,Restaurant Types.So pls add on Google Map.

Level 8

Hi @Corrie,

It would be great if we could know that

The accepted payment methods available there (Card payments, Paytm, Freecharge etc)

If Tailor options available in Clothing

If any discount medicine store is there in the Government Hospital

If the Hospital accept Smart Card facility (only in India)

If the Hospital accept mediclaims insurances.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 6

About Open/Concealed/No Handgun Carry:

Personally I don't own our use firearms, but here in Texas (I'm sure along with other states too) businesses are required to have signage stating if they allow open carry of handguns, concealed carry, or neither. Asking "Does this business allow open carry?", "Does this business allow concealed carry?", "Does this business allow handguns?" may help lawful gun owners identify when they should and shouldn't carry and give them a heads up to plan and safely store their gun if the business they're visiting to doesn't allow it.

Level 9

Hi,

Considering the serious currency shortage that we are facing in India right now, it would be great if you ask questions for businesses like :

1. Is this place cash only?

2. Does this place accept cards?

3. Does this place accept wallet payments?

4. Does this place have contactless payments?

It would be very useful for the users to plan ahead.

Level 7

I would like to suggest something before December 3, 2016.

1. A printable identification (ID) card that I can wear for doing a consecutive camera shoot. Because other person especially the owners and security guards, they are confused and intimidated why their establishments and offices where shot by my camera. I am hoping for a printable ID card that I can be shown to those who are asking. It will be better also if there a shirt with a logo of Local Guide. I know that Local Guide is voluntary and for fun and we should think also of our protection. Our place is Iligan City, island of Mindanao where lots of terror act and crimes happen. A suggestion for printable ID card is viable and if you're talking for the cost? It only cost a penny.

2. More categories that we can choose. I am looking an specific category but the drop-down list is only few.

3. A option that I can delete those inappropriate and unrelated photos of the Places. I already reported to those pictures that needs to be deleted but they weren't took down. Reporting photos is different from deleting. I would like suggest for a button for "Delete or Suggest to delete". I also found a lot of selfies in the pictures with a massive faces in the cam.

4. Hope the Google Street View car will visit us again. 

Former Google Contributor

@AnuradhaP We have noted that feedback, but in this case, we are asking for help to improve our questions 🙂 

Anyway, great feedback guys!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.