deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification For Private Message In connect

Hi,

I had posted two more times(here and here) in connect about this issue. There is a notification icon in connect 2.0, which shows just notification from discussion in connect. Earlier in connect 1.0 there were combined notification for both(for discussions and private messages). Connect 2.0 is not showing any notification for private messages. We receive an email for every private message but it is not possible that we check our email every time. A private message will be unread until we click on our profile icon in connect. 

@ErmesT Can you please merge my both old thread with this idea or merge them with each other?

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
37 Comments
Level 9

Hello, 

Since last three days I'm thinking about a new pop-up notification for private message we receive on connect. Right now there is no option to know whether someone sent you message or it just a normal notification. 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks @deepakjhic - I have recorded your idea as a potential feature in Connect updates.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Hi,

In case of PC only:

Before few minutes ago I noticed that we're not receiving notification for private message in connect. After bell icon in connect it is happening because this icon just shows the notifications of post. In PC we still have notification button under the profile photo(when we click on it).

Thank you

Level 9

<<Information redacted>>

Google Moderator
Status changed to: Voting open

Hello @deepakjhic,

Thanks for reaching out. I've merged your post with the idea. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@Ivi_Ge,

Thank you

Connect Moderator

@JavieraAu, podrás por favor fusionar los post indicados por @deepakjhic, te comento nosotros los Connect Moderadores no tenemos la habilidad para fusionar algunos tipos de post como los que están en este tablero, solo los Google Moderadores.

Una sugerencia @deepakjhic, podrías agregar alguna ilustración o foto para completar tu idea, gracias.

saludos Farid.

Former Google Contributor

Gracias por etuiquearme @FaridTDF. 🙂 Ten en cuenta que @Ivi_Ge ya hа fusionado las publicaciones de @deepakjhic

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello @deepakjhic,

Thank you for this idea, considering the updates of the new Connect from time to time. Now, you should be receiving both reply, like, mention and private message notifications. 

As for private message, when you click on your profile picture on the top right corner there is an envelope logo where it shows how many private message you receive. 

For that reason, I am changing your voting status to implemented. 

Level 9

Hi @AngieYC,

I think it is not still implemented. Please see the video and screenshots. 

Video is unlisted on YouTube.

In the above video you can see the pc version is not showing any notification until we click on profile pic(as mentioned by you). While on the other hand in case of phone version we are able to see notification for private message with thread notifications. Please find the screenshots below,

From Pc:

From Phone(1):

From phone (2):

Thank you