JeroenM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Feature Request] Use Tracking Data to auto-verify edits of one-way-streets

Hi,

Following a thread by @EdmundasJ here.  I recently had a similar thought after I had to change the direction of traffic for a street in my hometown. The city council had changed the one-way-street system in a certain area, so I made the edit as Local Guide. The last time I looked, it was still pending. Surely with the tracking and AI-technology going on at Google, it should be easy to wire the tracking data to the auto-verification process to check this particular kind of edit.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

4 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: [Feature Request] Use Tracking Data to auto-verify edits of one-way-streets

I'm only guessing here but Google may well already use its Waze data to help it decide mapping edits. So in the example you cite, a LG changes the traffic direction and the edit goes for review. Google then uses all the data it has from various sources and lets the algorithm decide whether to approve it. If the Waze data shows that all vehicles are now travelling in the opposite direction, that helps the algo decide

Level 8

In that case @Pea, they must have some really slow computers in the chain 😉

Level 9
Level 9

Or not enough Waze drivers are travelling that route to create enough data points to tip the algo?

Anyways like I said, that was just a bit of a guess, but Google has access to the data so who knows, maybe they use it or plan to

Level 10

🤞 We'd love to see that 😃