DoriyaKiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Feature Request] Allow reviews for a tourist area or a recurrent event?

Hi there! Not sure if this has been asked before, but wanted to ask if it's possible to consider the ability to be able to 1.)  List/Review a neighborhood, street or area that is also a tourist attraction and 2.) List/Review recurrent events?

1. List/Review an area or a street that is also a tourist attraction

Just for a bit of context, I use both TripAdvisor and Google Maps as a guide when I travel, and one thing that I realized Google Maps is currently lacking in comparison to TripAdvisor is the ability to List/Review tourist spots, for example, Tokyo's Akihabara area and Siem Reap's Pub Street. I remember traveling to these two places and being not able to know more about them on Google Map. Being able to read about them on Google Maps would help immensely without having to open an external app while making decisions on the go.

2. List/review recurrent events

Not sure how useful might this be, but in Singapore there are occasional but recurrent events like iLights, Geylang Serai Bazaar and recently the Prudential Carnival that will be set up for a certain period and draw a lot of crowd and searches on Google Maps in that period, but with them not being in a fixed building/location, it doesn't make sense to list them on the map. But given the popularity of such events here in Singapore (and I am sure other cities as well), would it be possible to consider adding in events listings into Google Maps in the future? It would help a lot of people who are looking to go to these events. At the same time, it allows Local Guides to contribute as well.

Just some feature requests off the top of my head and thanks for reading!