Christine_T's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Feature Request - Adding "Last Order" hours to Google Maps

It would be great if it were possible to add a "last order" time in addition to the regular opening and closing time for a restaurant or bar on Google Maps.

In Japan, it is not uncommon for a restaurant, bar, pub, etc. to have hours of operation but in addition to that have a "last order" time.

"Last order" is the latest they will accept new food or drink orders and it can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before the actual closing time.
Even if the store is technically still "open" if you walk in after the "last order" time you will usually or often be turned away.

So, I think it would be extremely helpful if it was possible to list a "last order" time on Google Maps for people planning on visiting restaurants or bars that use this system.

Japan
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Feature Request - Adding "Last Order" hours to Google Maps

hi @Christine_T

In Some Restaurant they're accepting order till the last minute and in some they're accepting before 10-15 minutes. in some cases if rush is more so they're not place any new order due to closing time of restaurant.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 7

Hi @iDepp!

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I know some restaurants accept orders until the last minute or at least until maybe 15 minutes before closing depending on the kitchen.

But some restaurants in Japan have a set "last order" time that is the same every day regardless of whether they are busy or not.

In these cases, I think it would be helpful if we could have a "last order" time on the map so that people don't mistakenly go to a restaurant because it's still technically open only to be turned away because it's after the "last order" time.

Level 10

Yes @Christine_T your suggestion is appreciated!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+