Steena's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Feature Request: 2 categories required

A listing is simultaneously a CASHPOINT and a BANK however, it's not possible to add both.

In this situation, both categories are required. Is it possible to create a category with both? In Australia, Singapore and London, they coexist 🙂

..although, cashpoints are often on their own (introverts is my guess ;))

This is an example of a CASHPOINT, that is also a BANK: https://goo.gl/maps/2JwfgHAPYaH2

I have edited this listing in the past to be a BANK (I don't know a BANK branch that doesn't have a cashpoint/ATM) however it's now a cashpoint again. Seems silly to keep editing it when a combined category would be more correct.

What do you think? Is it possible?

London, UK
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Feature Request: 2 categories required

Hi @Steena thanks for reaching out. I think perhaps you misunderstand the use of the categories.

• Cash Point (or ATM as it is in some countries) is used when there is a cash machine but no other banking services - i.e. a stand alone machine
  • Bank is a business where there are banking services including tellers and cash machines

I know lots of banks that do not have an ATM at the branch and lots of places where there is an ATM but no bank.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Level 9

Hello @Steena,

I think PaulPavlinovich answered your question properly so feel free to use solution button do that others can find it useful. 

P. S. Thank you so much @PaulPavlinovich for providing useful information( it'll help me also). 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Usually ATMs are inside the bank office and only available in banking hours.

But if it´s accesible form the street 24*7 you may want to add a different point, even with the same address.

In my country some Gas Stations have ATMs, but is not obvious so the only way to solve it is creat a poit for the gas station and another for the ATM both in the same place

Level 8

Exactly @CarlaMVD! If the ATM is located inside the bank and only accessible during business hours, it should not be listed separately.

My request relates to the situation where the ATM is available 24/7 and at the same site. In Australia, for security purposes, many ATMs are located within a foyer area - behind doors off the street but still outside of the actual bank.

In this instance, you can visit the ATM at all times but only visit the bank for teller services etc during normal trading hours.

Level 8

Hi @deepakjhic, thanks for following up. @PaulPavlinovich clarified what he thought I misunderstood, I appreciate that. However, my request relates to situations where Cashpoints, or ATMs, are connected to the bank branch but available outside normal bank trading hours.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Steena most ATM are on the outer walls of banks, some are in the foyer of the branch. There is no reason why you can't just have two entries, one for the ATM and one for the branch. This fits in with the rule of adding things to Maps - is the place I'm adding useful to other people - I would suggest in this case that is yes.

Regards Paul