NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[FR] Show Count of likes for reviews ,similar to the count of views

Hello Local guides ,

Today i got a mail that my reviews were helping people , so i thought how about having a similar option to see the number of likes for the reviews similar to the number of views .

Understanding this does not make much sense and is not much important feature request , but this could be informative , when we see the views we feel happy similarly we see that we have the likes count it would be great as well.

here is a abstract view of my idea .

Screenshot (93).jpg

Any feedback regarding the idea is openly accepted .

19 comments
Level 10

Re: [FR] Show Count of likes for reviews ,similar to the count of views

Hello amigos , @LucioV @ErmesT @IlankovanT @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR @JeslynL what do you think about it?, i understand this is for just informative use but still could make sense .

Level 10

Do you mean the overall number that is sent along with the achievement email?

This could be un-expensive for the dev team 🙂

Level 10

I mean i have 400 reviews and got around 600 likes for the reviews i wrote so if its possible to have the count in the contributions tab would be great .

@LucioV

Level 10

@NarenChandra,

I have adapted and edited your abstract idea into what it might look like on the Google Maps web version.

Here is an example of what it might look like in the reviews page. Whether the words "found helpful" should also accompany the number and symbol beats me.Here is an example of what it might look like in the reviews page. Whether the words "found helpful" should also accompany the number and symbol beats me.

Any feature request that shows and aggregates hidden local guides data is an excellent idea, no matter how small it is. During my last weekly snapshot, Google Maps sent me an email advising "Your reviews have over 50 fans!" Of course in comparison to the amount of views that I have and that I've written eleven times the amount of reviews, it's pretty minor, but having this counter or even a collected dashboard that Trusted Photographers with Photosphere image centres have would be extremely useful for us regular local guides.

I would probably have a tab for Questions answered also in the 'reviews section' as well, to gather all the answers to questions you've previously done, but that's for another feature request. Thanks for posting! ^_^

Level 10

Wow @Briggs your improvisation and the idea behind it seems super good , and the explanation is worth the request .

Thanks for liking it . Loved the edit you did .

Connect Moderator

Hi @NarenChandra

I still consider you a volcano of ideas 

For this proposal I suggest to wait a few days, because the thumbs-up will be counted / used for the calculations on the new badges

/Introducing-new-badges-on-Google-Maps/

I haven't seen it on my account, but we know that some members have it

Ermes 

Level 10

Indeed. While they may eventually roll out to devices, the badges that are on their way are not visible on the webs version (as Naren has screenshotted). There are some people out there who make dedicated edits and uploads solely on a laptop or computer, and so making visible a few additional variables or counter elements would be pretty harmless.

Level 10

Seems like IOS got the badges rolled out , lot of people using ios has got the badges and none using android as per i know.

@Briggs@ErmesT

Level 10

@NarenChandra wrote:

Seems like IOS got the badges rolled out , lot of people using ios has got the badges and none using android as per i know.

@Briggs@ErmesT

Nothing on iOS for me.