LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[FR] Review of the week

Yesterday I wrote a long and helpful review, and the owner is sharing it with joy.

As @LuisRG is selecting for us the Photo of the Week, I suggest to create a team for selecting the "Review of the week".

What do you think? Could have the side effect to improve the overall quality of our reviews 🙂

7 comments
Level 8

Re: [FR] Review of the week

Nice idea @LucioV! The same could be set of Map Editing Case Study of the week. That way the focus goes to all contribution areas for Local Guides.

Level 8

Hi @LucioV,

In Chinese, we have a way of saying like as:

文無第一  

武無第二

It will always be controversial whenever you designate a piece of writing as "best".

Level 10

Level 10

Yes , there are many advantages by doing this , 

1.people learn how to write a good review

2. encourage them to write a good review to get them in the top review of the week

3. reduces the number of spam reviews

I would say why not put a section of worst review of the week , once the bad review is showcased in connect , people will stop writing stupid reviews, like "good","ok" to get points.

Thanks @LucioV what do you think @YK1001 and @JeroenM

Level 8

@NarenChandra

I believe it was Einstein who said something like teach by example and learn by example.

I agree with @YK1001 that it should not be called "Best". It would also assume that the person(s) doing the curation have seen all reviews... Featured is a more appropriate label in my opinion.
Where I agree, @NarenChandra, that in an educational context analyzing bad examples can be useful, I don't think it is desirable to put members of our community on the spot, unless they volunteer to do so.

I have won prizes at conferences in my industry by sharing some of my worst festival ideas, but this was always in a fun and anecdotal spirit. And it was I, who was bragging about how some of my ideas turned out wrong. In other words, a different context.

From a practical point, it should not be difficult to find 52 great examples of reviews. Not sure it would be necessary to select reviews that were written shortly before they are featured.

The same can be said for featured Map Editing case studies. There are tons of great examples on Connect that could be summarized in a short article with a link to the relevant rules/tutorials in the new Help Desk.

Level 10

@JeroenM yes , that's a great explanation.

I would change my post as, show the bad reviews ,not mention who wrote it, that would not point any one from the community publicly but can be used to show as a example.

Level 10