LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: [FR] Multiple spam/user report

I know we probably can't ask anything regarding the status of this request. But this would definitely be beneficial. I come across this way too often and having some sort of trusted reporting system or management would really help in culling the oversaturation of irrelevant photos of places.

Like I love how the Blue Mountains, Melbourne and even La Perouse ends up being represented as a part of Parramatta. There should be much more being done in terms of filtering uploads based on geolocation, and if applicable, autosensoring (tags automatically appear on a photo based on the subject).

Level 8

Wholeheartedly support this feature. Especially a Trusted Reviewer/Reporter tag to allow us easier access to bulk report and have our reports expedited and trusted a bit more

Has anyone brought this to the attention of a Googler on LGC?

Level 10

i am with the idea @LucioV , this could be a spam clean in mass count , understanding the number of googlers present to watch and remove spam , this could be a easy solution for them and us to avoid irrelevant data from maps.

Level 10

Come on Google this is an important request in weeding out irrelevant information, which is more damaging than no information!

Level 10

This is very important issue. I agree with you Dear Brother @LucioV.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

Hi Googlers,

i would like to ask you to forward my request to the best team: i think that, to fight spam, selected users could be allowed to have access to a page/form where they can report:

• several images belonging to the same place
  • several reviews from the same user
  • a whole user contribution profile
  • a place affected by spam (pictures/reviews/edit)
  • several wrong pictures for the same place

for a more expedite investigation on places and profiles.

These reports should not have been subject to captcha, as the users accessing are already verified and trusted.

This program could have a name itself, something like "Trusted Reporter" (just like Trusted Verifier) and could live in the same LG ecosystem or on a new program.

Thanks for reading my request.

Lucio

AFTER ONE YEAR NOTHING CHANGES !

The problem is big like an house but Google ignore it.

Level 10

@lokodo wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

Hi Googlers,

i would like to ask you to forward my request to the best team: i think that, to fight spam, selected users could be allowed to have access to a page/form where they can report:

• several images belonging to the same place
  • several reviews from the same user
  • a whole user contribution profile
  • a place affected by spam (pictures/reviews/edit)
  • several wrong pictures for the same place

for a more expedite investigation on places and profiles.

These reports should not have been subject to captcha, as the users accessing are already verified and trusted.

This program could have a name itself, something like "Trusted Reporter" (just like Trusted Verifier) and could live in the same LG ecosystem or on a new program.

Thanks for reading my request.

Lucio

AFTER ONE YEAR NOTHING CHANGES !

The problem is big like an house but Google ignore it.

Hi @lokodo I think this is a huge development for Engineering, so I expect long times 🙂 I hope this suggestion will be taken in consideration 🙂

Level 10

Thanks for your support 🙂 Please, share this FR in the Ideas board, for better consideration 🙂 Thanks!