EjazShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

[FR] – Local Guides Knowledge Center

Dear All,

Although we have many sections already available in LG Connect forum from where we can collect information, find answers and solutions or can ask experts if we couldn’t find what we were looking for? I have a suggestion to open a new section in Local Guides connect with name “Local Guides Knowledge Center”

The Local Guides Knowledge Center shouldn’t have normal chit chat options but exclusively for material  like Training Videos, Presentations any documentation can help on following,

• How to become a useful Local Guide
  • How to prepare yourself to collect information about a place
  • How to answer any question raised by Business owner or Local Authorities etc.
  • How to prepare videos or write posts that presents a place or city with maximum information

There are many other options / suggestions you may add in it.

I am sure; this can benefit us all to know more about the Local Guides Program and how we all are getting benefits from it. We can also tell the World that how important Local Guides are and how we are bringing all possible information on their fingertips.

I believe we have many Local Guides can prepare smart presentations / Videos on such topics. Google team can review them before they are published to Knowledge Center. This might give us an opportunity to show and improve our skills as a good presenter as well.

At last,  we can also start quiz contest to know how our Local Guides are aware about Google Maps program and policies to evaluate ourselves.

@TraciC@ErmesT@LucioV@OSAMA@DiAnaUS@AnuradhaP@YK1001

Regards,

Ejaz Shah

United Arab Emirates
20 comments
Level 10

Re: [FR] – Local Guides Knowledge Center

@EjazShah This is a good idea. I think the "How do I...? " board is something similar. I am also asking for the category for knowledge sharing meetups in meetup site. I am using an educational presentation prepared by @TraciC.

Level 8

Hi @EjazShah,

It is something that can help LGs a lot

Until Connect can further develop towards this, I guess it is a great chance for us LGs to step up to compile and maintain and INDEX of great educational resources in Connect, G+ and YouTube.

I can see a good INDEX can become every LGs must read in no time.

Level 7

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@EjazShah This is a good idea. I think the "How do I...? " board is something similar. I am also asking for the category for knowledge sharing meetups in meetup site. I am using an educational presentation prepared by @TraciC.

Hi @AnuradhaP, my Local Guides communities (UAE & Dubai) on G+ are yet to get supported so I do not have access to that material 😞

Level 7

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @EjazShah,

It is something that can help LGs a lot

Until Connect can further develop towards this, I guess it is a great chance for us LGs to step up to compile and maintain and INDEX of great educational resources in Connect, G+ and YouTube.

Hi @YK1001, Thank you for your support on it. 

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @EjazShah,

I can see a good INDEX can become every LGs must read in no time.

Yes, i completely agree with you.

Connect Moderator

Nice idea @EjazShah

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

I agree, I feel that even though the Google moderator post are always on top for certain sections it is often overlooked, I know I overlooked it my 1st few days, because I thought it was just regular post. There should be a tab to show more importance @EjazShah

Level 7

Thanks @DiAnaUS for your comments. I always try my best to do not waste others precious time. Therefore, I normally don't post without valid justification (you may refer to my post count) 

@DiAnaUS wrote:

I agree, I feel that even though the Google moderator post are always on top for certain sections it is often overlooked, 

It's sad but it's fact as majority of our posts are remained unanswered 🙃

Anyway, we are doing our part, will leave rest to the one are responsible and are able to decide.

Level 8

It would definitely help if there was a pop up when you first join showing the rules and tips for creating your first post and then from there be redirected to the moderator forum to learn more @EjazShah 

Level 7

You are right @DiAnaUS, I have seen few forums in past that had something similar. Before posting, you should read forum rules and acknowledge them. Then it will take you directly to introduction section. Once you complete that, you will be allowed to post 😊

Nice one