LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[FR] Close a place temporaly (with screenshots and workflow)

Hi Team, I would like to ask officially to ask dev team to work on a "Temporaly closed" feature.

I would like to suggest a workflow and some UI for this feature, hope you will like.

Let's start from standard "Suggest an edit" on Desktop Google Maps.

The next screen will add another toggle, featuring the temporaly closure:

After having choose the new option you will see the main screen:

You will prompted to choose the reason (more options to be defined...) and the closure period. You will have different options, mutual exclusive, a drop down list with predefined intervals (1 week, 2 week, 3 week, 4 week, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months) or a from/to date picker. The maximum closure interval could be set to 6 month, unless the "close until further edit" is flagged. After 6 month, if the check is not flagged, the business will turn open.

In the workflow of this feature the updating user, will be alerted via email for status changes:

- edit received

- edit approved

- closure interval ending

- business marked open again

- request to verify (after max closure interval, if check flagged)

This feature should be replicated on both mobile environments as well as on GMB console, and should not be enabled for Local Guides while editing Claimed businesses.

Thanks for your consideration

P.S. Please note that all the screenshots are hosted externally due to picture upload limit reached on connect.

9 comments
Level 10

Re: [FR] Close a place temporaly (with screenshots and workflow)

Former Google Contributor

Hello @LucioV - Thanks for this detailed post. I'll note this feedback to the right teams. Much appreciated!  Please note that requests like these do take time but it's important to hear from you all on how we can improve the user experience.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

@LucioV 

wao nice suggestion. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Ty for linking me to this suggestion , it's similar / same as mine and looks good.

Connect Moderator

Very useful suggestion @LucioV

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

I would like this feature, Temporarily Closed.  There are many places around where I live that temporarily close for either all winter or all summer.  (That outsiders would not be aware of.)  Also, to say Temporarily Closed for Winter (or Summer).

Level 10

Thanks for your support 🙂 Please, share this FR in the Ideas board, for better consideration 🙂 Thanks!

Level 10

Bonjour à tous,

Merci beaucoup @LucioV, ton idée est très intéressante et comme d'habitude ton post très détaillé. J'apprécie beaucoup.

Bonne contribution

Vincent

PS: c'est vraiment que cette limitation en nombre d'image est gênante. Passer par une ligne de code prend du temps et nous oblige à quelques manipulation.

Level 10