Csaba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

FR - Better ways to delete own pictures from Maps

I know how I can remove pictures from my contributions. This one is from 2009 however. I added it incidentally (the thumbnail while selecting the photo is so small I could not see how bad quality it is). Even if I could find it among my contributions, scrolling down to 2009 (through 2,500+ images) is a pain. There should be a way to delete this image from its own map entry (of course, only the owner should be able to do it). 

There could be other cases when this is useful. A place is redecorated and the old design no longer applies. A business moves to another place and many images no longer apply etc...

5 comments
Level 8

Re: FR - Better ways to delete own pictures from Maps

Maps should provide a content management portal for LGs.

The portal logically can be our LG home page.

From there, I want to have all kinds of sorting and listing of Photos, Reviews, Ratings, Photos, etc.

And I want to see of any of them is private or public, better I can see when one becomes private.

Of course, with a pointer to quickly edit / update / remove contents.

But for adding contents, it will be better to keep it inside Maps to reduce complexity.

I think the services from the portal can be added overtime to include all of LG activities: report of Roads, bad contents, etc etc.

I am sure we can dream.

Level 7

Not a bad dream @YK1001 😉

Level 10

This will be really helpful to me. Good idea @Csaba.

Level 10

@Csaba I had to delete a image taken in April 17 and I had to scroll all along my 3300 images and I was like why the hell I am doing this can there be a way to delete it from the drop-down option.your post can make that come true. I am supporting the idea . Thumbs up from me.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you both for the feedback @Csaba and @YK1001. We are aware the photo management needs some overhaul. The portal seems like a neat idea 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.