AjitW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Extra features in Time section of POI

Hi The Local Guides Team,

Time section (Hours) have very limited options. In India, mainly four types of weekly office timings are followed. (1) Six days week with same working hours and Sundays as Holiday. (2) Five days week with same office timings, with holidays on every Saturdays and Sundays. (3) Five days week on every alternate week. (3-a) holidays on Sundays and on 2nd and 4th Saturdays. (3-b) holidays on Sundays and on 1st and 3rd Saturdays. (If there a 5th Saturday in a month, then it is counted as a regular working day). And (4) Six days week with Saturdays as a half day and Sundays as the holidays.

Also there are different timings for male and female at swimming pools and gymnasiums. For example, a local gym in my area have two different timings for male members and one time slot for female members. All these three slots are followed everyday at the gym. But it became difficult to differentiate the timings in the present Timing section (Hours) in the Google Maps.

So, do provide options for (3), (3-a), (3-b) and options for Male and Female timings.

2 comments
Level 7

Re: Extra features in Time section of POI

The Google My Business program offers businesses that register and are verified the chance to uses more flexible ways to define their operating ours.

A Google Maps user must own or be an authorized representative of the business to register it with Google My Business.

Level 10

Re: Extra features in Time section of POI

Hi @sputnikjim,

The option for different working hours will only make POI more useful.