lpiazzi50's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Ex panoramio pics : black screen , no view count and don’t give points.

I would like to report some problems @GusMoreira

1. My ex panoramio pictures, was visible in GM until January 29

But now, if I try to open one of the thumbnails on the left navigator I see a black screen.

The problem happens for all ex panoramio pics using Firefox on Windows 7. I have the same problem using internet explorer.

Instead the pics are viewable on GM android.

On January 30, Panoramio has been discontinued.

Please could you help me to resolve the problem.

2. View counts

Abstract from http://www.panoramio.com/

If you have a Google account linked with your Panoramio account, we will automatically copy your Panoramio photos to the Google Album Archive when Panoramio is retired in NOVEMBER 2017. “

Eligible images and your View Counts will be transferred into Google Maps and will be visible when you sign in to Maps and access the Contributions screen from the main menu.”

I linked my profile with Google+ account and the photos was transferred, more than one year ago, into Google Maps.

The pics are visible to all GM user, but ... without View Counts.

Any explanation?

3. Points for the Local Guides Program

Abstract from http://www.panoramio.com/

To keep adding photos to Google Maps and engage with a growing community of photographers, join the Local Guides program You can earn points and unlock rewards for photos submitted with a Google account when they are linked to a point of interest or business. Many of your Panoramio photos may already be counted.

Help Centre confirm that ex Panoramio photos will only count for Local Guides points when tied to a point of interest or business.

Every ex Panoramio photo uploaded in GM, owns its coordinates that are clearly visible in the GM URL of the photo.

The program that executed the transfer from Panoramio to GM, used the coordinates and associated a generic POI, in my case very often the name of the county or the name of the region.

So, the ex-panoramio pics are not tied to “real” point of interest and, worst, it’s impossible for the users to link/change the a point of interest. (on android it’s possible to change the caption but not the POI).

Here under my numbers.

Total photos 560

Photos that generate points 206.

Photos uploaded (about) 183

For now a lot of ex-panoramio pics are “freezed” and don’t generate points in the Local Guides program.

I ask you to give to the users the possibility to change the POI to the ex Panoramio pics to receive the points.

Thanks.

69 comments
Level 6

Re: Ex panoramio pics : black screen , no view count and don’t give points.

I add an information about the problem n.1

I verified that trying to view ex panoramio photos of other users you get the same malfunction (the picture does not appear and you receive a black screen),
I confirm that the problem does not occur using Google Maps android.

Level 8

Can't find my Panoramio photos

Since January 23rd when I've got the mail from Google that Panoramio is closed I can't find my photos on Google Maps. I also can't find them in Google Album Archive as written in the mail. Or in Google photos? When I enter "my contribution" in Google Maps the photos are still listed but a click on photo only Shows a black screen.

Is this a bug or is Google no longer interessted in Panoramio photos?

Regards

Level 6

Re: Can't find my Panoramio photos

Same for me.

I wrote a post 2 days ago.

The problem concern windows.

If you use GM android you are able to see the pics.

I'm waiting for a GM answer.

Connect Moderator

Re: Can't find my Panoramio photos

Thank you for reaching with this issue, @GuenterR,

I have missed your previous post @lpiazzi50, so thank you for mentioning in here.

I will merge the two post together in the Feedback board, and tag a Google Moderator (@BruceDM) for a feedback.

Please be aware that we do not have a reply for this issues during the weekend, so dont worry if you do not see a reply in the next two days

Ermes 

Level 6

Re: Ex panoramio pics : black screen , no view count and don’t give points add-on

If it can help to debugging the issue, when i click on the thumbnail, the photo tries to open with the same transition of a streetview panoramic photo (map, then horizon and then black screen instead of the photo).

In my opinion, this is a software bug introduced only in the PC application with the definitive closure of Panoramio.

Se puo servire per risolvere il problema, quando si cliccka sul navigatore, la sequenza sul video è la stessa di una foto pano streetview (ovvero di un pegman trascinato sulla mappa) e cioè mappa poi orizzonte e poi schemo nero invece che foto.

A mio avviso è un baco software introdotto solo nell'applicazione per PC con la chiusura definitiva di Panoramio.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Ex panoramio pics : black screen , no view count and don’t give points add-on

Hi @lpiazzi50,

Thank you for writing.  Panoramio has been discontinued by Google and the Panoramio team has answered questions regarding these specific types of contributions in their FAQ section. Please review the FAQ for Panoramio here.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Re: Ex panoramio pics : black screen , no view count. The problem is not solved.

Dear @BruceDM, thank you for your answer.

The problem is not solved.

Before to open this case i re-read all the communication received from Google and the Google web site pages about the migration Panoramio → Google maps. Furthermore i did a lot of search on the local guides discussions but without success.

So I try to summarize

More than 15 moths ago I linked my Panoramio profile with my Google account.

The 08/10/2016 02:34 Google wrote me.

… “Because you have a Google account linked with your Panoramio account, we will automatically copy your Panoramio photos to the Google Album Archive when Panoramio is retired in November 2017.

Copied photos will not use any of your Google storage quota.

If you activate Google+ on your account, then eligible images and your View Counts will be transferred into Google Maps and will be visible when you sign in to Maps and access the Contributions scree from the main menu.”…

The 23/01/2018 19:40 Google wrote me

… “Last year we informed you of our plans to retire Panoramio in order to invest our efforts into improving photo-sharing experiences directly inside Google Maps. This is a reminder that Panoramio will no longer be available after January 29, 2018. “…

From this last date

1. The ex panoramio pics remains visible in the android GM navigator and touching on them they open normally

2. The ex panoramio pics remain visible in the browser left navigator (windows environment) but clicking on them i see a black screen.

3. No view count is available neither in android nor in windows.

I verified that the behavior is identical on the photos of other GM user uploaded before 4 november 2016 but clearly I don’t know if they linked panoramio and G+ accounts.

I’m very sorry but your answer doesn’t help me to solve the problem.

I looking for your help. Thanks

Lorenzo Piazzi

PS If you need them I can forward to you the Google mails.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @lpiazzi50,

But now, if I try to open one of the thumbnails on the left navigator I see a black screen.

The problem happens for all ex panoramio pics using Firefox on Windows 7. I have the same problem using internet explorer.

Instead the pics are viewable on GM android.

Can you share the link to one or a few of such panos so I can take a look? In the meantime, have you tried viewing these panos on Google Maps on other browsers, say, Google Chrome? 

As for your other feedback about your ex-panos not being attributed to a "real" POI (and therefore not receiving Local Guides points for them), I am unable to comment definitively at this point but I will share when I have more info. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 6

Dear @JEslynL thank you for your answer.

First of all I answer to your requests.

I already tried (before to open the case) all the browser on my PC included Chrome.

To be completely sure i used another PC and tried the viewing with Chrome.

The issue (black screen trying to view the photos) is always present.

The problem is not in the browser or in the PC.

Those following are 2 example of black screen

To obtain the black image I clicked on the left navigator panel (where the pictures are shown)

Image 1

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/114656725635926254185/photos/@46.220584,11.479146,3a,75y,90t/data...

navigator and thumbnailnavigator and thumbnail

after the clickafter the click

Image 2

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/114656725635926254185/photos/@46.262063,11.621218,3a,75y,90t/data...

Here my general access to GM where if can fint a lot of black screen. You have to scroll down at least 250 pics.

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/114656725635926254185/photos/

Here under I attach the pics of the images 1 and 2 viewed by GM android so you can see them and at the same you can view the GM android behavior.

From GM app. Hamburger menu – your contribution - photos and scroll down

navigator and arrow on the photo touchednavigator and arrow on the photo touched

The pictureThe picture

navigator and arrow on the photo touchednavigator and arrow on the photo touched

The pictureThe picture

the captions that you can read on the pics are exactly those one that i wrote in Panoramio

What is crucial is that i linked my Panoramio profile with my Google account before November 4,2016. Since that day, all the panoramio pics with coordinates was copied into my account on GM. And the ex panoramio pics are all still viewable in GM to me and to the GM users using android GM app.

I attach for you, at the end of this post, the official mail received from Google that confirm that I linked the Panoramio profile.

I hope this help you to resolve the problem.

Thank you.

Panoramio no longer available after November 4, 2016-2.jpg