lpiazzi50's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Ex panoramio pics : black screen , no view count and don’t give points.

@lpiazzi50, first of all, I've removed one image from your post as it contains personal information. Moving forward, please remove any personal information - including but not limited to email addresses and phone numbers - when sharing a screenshot. 

Thanks for sharing these additional details, I've passed them along to the respective team for them to look into this issue you are experiencing. Appreciate your patience while the team investigates - I will share updates when I have complete information. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

I have the same problem. When I go to "My Contributions" and click one of the photos on the left, the right side map moves, zooms to the horizon similar to Street View, but then the right side is just completely black. This is in Chrome web browser on desktop computer.

If you want another test, all of my photos here are from Panoramio and seem to have that issue-

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/105175119644600406813/photos/@33.742703,-116.686444,15z/data=!4m...

Thanks for reaching out, @HikingMike!

This is in Chrome web browser on desktop computer.

Can I confirm, then, that you are able to view your panos on your mobile device? If yes, can you please share details of the device and OS?

If you want another test, all of my photos here are from Panoramio and seem to have that issue-

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/105175119644600406813/photos/@33.742703,-116.686444,15z/data=!4m...

This Google Maps profile does not appear to be associated with the account you used to register for the Local Guides program. Is this the only contributions account you want us to look into?

Thanks! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

@JeslynL wrote:

Thanks for reaching out, @HikingMike!

This is in Chrome web browser on desktop computer.

Let me add that was on Windows 10.

Can I confirm, then, that you are able to view your panos on your mobile device? If yes, can you please share details of the device and OS?

This Google Maps profile does not appear to be associated with the account you used to register for the Local Guides program. Is this the only contributions account you want us to look into?

Thanks! 

Ok, I tested my mobile device... iPhone 6, iOS 11.2, Google Maps app -- it works fine.

That's true about my profile. Years ago I originally had linked my Panoramio account to my mkatich Google account. Later, I would have preferred to link it to my other account (this account) but Google didn't allow any option for that. This account is related to my blog website about hiking, and I decided to use this for my hiking-related photos. I wanted to keep my other account more related to personal photos. So since it was announced that Panoramio was closing, I have used this account for uploading some photos and photospheres. None of my photos in this account were transferred from Panoramio.

I think I read there may be a way for me to transfer them, but that's a subject for another thread.

Gotcha, @HikingMike. I've shared this information with the team for this issue to be looked into, along with @lpiazzi50's 

Level 6

Thanks to @HikingMike and thanks to @JeslynL.

Until now I did not write it, because less important for me, but there is no trace of the copy of Panoramio photos in google album archive, described in the Panoramio closing announcement (November 4,2016 and January 29,2018).

I think that this issue could interest the team and in my opinion it is a further aspect of the problems discussed in this thread.

Best regards and thank you.

Level 6

@JeslynL

I verified that the issue also exist using ubuntu - firefox.

Best regards

Level 6

Dear @JeslynL

I apologize if I disturb you another time. I write you to resolve a doubt.

This thread appears SOLVED but clearly it is not solved because you have passed the issue to the team that hopefully is managing it.

Could you explain to me the meaning of SOLVED in this case?

Because in my opinion it is misleading and I would not want it to be misleading for the team as well. 🙂

Thank you for all.

Hi @lpiazzi50, I understand that this issue is very frustrating. While the team continues to investigate, we ask for your patience. I remain on top of this and will share updates once there are any available. 

One of these posts may have been marked as the solution by accident and it has since been unmarked. 

Level 3

Hi,

I have the EXACT same issue.

I can see my photos on the left hand side, but they have 0 view count and when I click on any of my photos they transition to google street view but the screen is BLACK.

Here is my profile: https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/101679221355451415931/photos/@51.903692,-10.160467,3a,75y,90t/da...

I am using Windows 7, Chrome and IE.

Also, this person has exactly the same issue.