YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Errors find in the New LG Levels

If you find errors with the Contributions page with the new LG Levels scheme, please provide a screen shot and keep report to the same thread.

Thank you very much!

30 comments
Level 8

Re: Errors find in the New LG Levels

For me, Dekstop Maps & Android Maps are showing different breakdowns, though the total points and level are shown to be the same as 10993 and L7.

If I apply 5 points per photo, obviously the Desktop version is wrong.  As just 5605 Photos will yield 28025 points alone.  (My Photos tag under Contributions indeed showing 1126 photos) 

Points Breakdowns @Android MapsPoints Breakdowns @Android MapsPoints Breakdowns @Desktop MapsPoints Breakdowns @Desktop Maps

Level 10

Math behind new levels and counts

Mine is not working, i have more points than i expected.

PreviouslyPreviously

AfterAfter

This is strange, i have 460 reviews and 169 ratings, and 460*5=2300, not 2760, and i have 391 edits, and 391*5= 1955 not 2320 (but maybe some new update got accepted, so i don't know).

Also photo count is not correct, but seems lacking, as 3300 approved photos 3300*5=16500 not 16405

How are your counts? Can you confirm the counts?

This is not an urgent issue, shouldn't be also if count being lower than expected, but is just to clarify the process.

Thanks!

(LVL8) Lucio 😄

Level 10

Re: Math behind new levels and counts

@LucioV 6 points for a review along with rating so 460*6=2760

Level 10

Hope, thinks will be clarified in a few days @LucioV

Level 10

@NarenChandra wrote:

@LucioV 6 points for a review along with rating so 460*6=2760

Oh yes... i supposed the 6 was for 1 for a rating + 5 for a review!!!! So reviews are not included

Ok, perfect, let's wait for some clarification on the other two points!

Thanks @NarenChandra

Level 10

I've uploaded 1041 photos in total. But when I view my profile in browser incognito mode, I see only 999 photos. Guess few photos were taken down later (happens with restaurant menu pics in my case) 

Could you please view your profile from another account or in incognito window? I believe the number will be lesser than 3300 (like in my case) 

Thanks

Level 10

@AmithES wrote:

I've uploaded 1041 photos in total. But when I view my profile in browser incognito mode, I see only 999 photos. Guess few photos were taken down later (happens with restaurant menu pics in my case) 

Could you please view your profile from another account or in incognito window? I believe the number will be lesser than 3300 (like in my case) 

Thanks

Yes! You are right, the public number is 3091, not 3300, so the number is higher than expected, also in this case!!!!!

Level 10

Lemme see Lucio. A 'review' actually consists of both the rating, and the written component itself, for a total of 6 points each. A rating by itself is just 1 point.

So if you have 460 reviews, you would have... 460*6 = 2760 points.

And if you had 391 edits, you would have... 391*5 = 1955 points.

Your mathematics are right, but now that I look at my post I realise the discrepancy as well. Maybe they separated the separate points that were included from answering questions of a place, because they were considered a point in themselves too that went under edits in the old system.

Level 10

@AmithES

"I've uploaded 1041 photos in total. But when I view my profile in browser incognito mode, I see only 999 photos"

you might have lost few on the photo criterion of quality . its just a guess because i have not seen your contribution i am just mentioning a case.