HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Error Messages On Local Guides Connect

Thank you @JeslynL For your assistance. Just another update as well, when I Iogin to connect now it was saying unable to connect with your city server. What does that mean, that's the first time I am seeing that as well. 

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

Level 10

Updates @JeslynL . I noticed it doesnt happen when am using my Laptop, but it is really frequent on mobile. Giving out kudos on mobile lately too has been a lot difficult as well sometimes. I hope this gets better sooner.

Former Google Contributor

I was just about to give you an update, @HelloSamsonR, but you beat me to it! Lithium (the platform on which Connect is powered) mentioned that this should have been fixed but it looks like you are still experiencing trouble kudo-ing posts up until a couple of hours ago. Let me take this further and get back with updates when I have any. Thanks for being patient! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Okay Thanks @JeslynL Will be looking forward to the updates. I am on mobile now as well now. If the problem persists I will as well update this thread. Thanks for your assistance. 

Hey @HelloSamsonR. As we continue to investigate this, could you confirm that if the issue is still the same as before (i.e., unable to give kudos and then reply), or is it only limited to giving kudos using a mobile this time? 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Hi @JeslynL .  It's only limited to giving Kudos at this time. But it has really improved and at least better than before. Now it's going, but sometimes the glitches persists and sometimes in the evening it starts again. This mostly happen sometimes at 5-9pm WAT. I don't know why but I have taken note of the time this always happen. Thank you for your assistance and looking forward to the problem been resolved fully. 

Hiya @HelloSamsonR! Popping in to give you an update: This is being looked into at the moment and I will check back in once I have more info to share. Thanks for bearing with us for this. 

Level 10

@JeslynL This error persists. Just right now the error told me to contact my system administrator. Am I the only one facing this or what ? Is there a bug attached to my profile personally, I can't explain. This is becoming unbearable for me. I have to copy paste my replies before posting them unless I loose them automatically. Replies doesn't go instantly. I have to send 3 to 4 times.

@HelloSamsonR We understand that it is a frustrating experience. The engineers are still into this problem for you and we are trying to get it resolved as quickly as we are able. Please be patient with us. 

More information required:

1. Are you able to give kudos using desktop now? 
2. When giving a kudo, what happens? Does the color of the icon change but the kudo-count doesn't? Or does the kudo icon not respond at all?

Level 10

@JeslynL Question 1 is yes. For Question 2 is No for all. Even if I have to give a Kudo I have to do that many times just as I said when I write and make a reply.