OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Embedding 360 Photospheres on LGC

Well, @LucioV, you can of course ask me but then I cannot make it happen. I can only be pushy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Csaba Can you tell me clearly, can we use this future (embedding) everywhere on Connect, in all Connect boards?

@Gaieus wrote:

@GiulioM wrote:

..."asking is allowed, replying is courtesy"...

Ah well, I am then courteous... 🙂

Anyway, this has been raised already and I have myself asked Googlers if it was possible. Just like we can embed videos - and they are also embedded with iFrames. 

I am also moving the topic to the Feature Request forum for better (and repeated) attention. 

And yes, here is an embedded tour of a Serbian Orthodox Church near my place (just as a teaser 😉

Level 10

@OmerAli This is a great request. Even though it's been asked before, thanks for asking again for 360 photos to be able to be displayed on LGC. Maybe instead of opening up iFrames to everyone, then they could have a special form for uploading photospheres only (or picking the photosphere from Google to display here).

Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@Csaba Can you tell me clearly, can we use this future (embedding) everywhere on Connect, in all Connect boards?

Guys, it's not me who makes the rules - I only implement them. 🙂 

I'll ask however but I guess tagging @StephanieC as many of you did should be enough and she will definitely come back to the topic and answers the questions. 

In my opinion, there should not be any issue with using the embed code in other boards too. As well as using it to embed virtual tours from other platforms than SV - but again, this is just my opinion. 

The only very important thing is to use it with responsibility and do not abuse the privilege. Practically (unless configured to prevent it) any website can be embedded with the iFrame code so always be careful not to embed harmful content.

Level 10

@Gaieus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys, it's not me who makes the rules - I only implement them. 🙂 

The only very important thing is to use it with responsibility and do not abuse the privilege. Practically (unless configured to prevent it) any website can be embedded with the iFrame code so always be careful not to embed harmful content.

Yes, i think that's the only point to take in consideration 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Csaba

Also I remember when you said that you will go to do spheres of this church here. Is this that church? 🙂

But still nothing about new category on maps...

I was requested this category from Google before at least 3 years ago, maybe even more 🙂

Level 10

Hi @Anonymous, no, I have not got the chance to visit that place yet. I was in a Serbian Orthodox church in another town last week though: the Holy Trinity Church (also added Serbian name - hope it's correct). And in another one, too, in the Church of the Translation of the Relics of Saint Nicholas (proper English name is still pending under review - here the Serbian naem would be something like "Црква превода Рецилцс Светог Николе" This is the "story" of the translation

I made the panoramas here as well but the church is unfortunately in such a bad shape and needs restoration that I did not share them on maps. Just some stills. There is also a picture I added in 2009 and itis a very bad picture but now I cannot remove it (I will not scroll down in my contributions through 2.500+ photos to 2009 - maybe it's not even there as the whole LG program started in 2015 only. 

If you are interested, here are the pics: 

https://goo.gl/photos/QJnT83ChBDp3roEL8

Level 8

Just tried to do my first tricky post, and wanted to embed two iframes, after I tried several different ways my post was marked as Spam, so I just deleted it. I would like to think that embedding 360 Spheres would be part of the platform. Has there been any movement in allowing this type of post? I would like to show off the things I am doing, but SV and 360 form a huge part of that.
Taking you places,
Edward Hore of The Clique online Media
Will highlight the back alleys to shine a spotlight on Melbourne's beautiful Street Art