OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Embedding 360 Photospheres on LGC

Dear Community Members and Moderators

I have been trying to embed 360 Photo Spheres on Local Guides connect, but as soon as I try to publish the post, Google automatically removes the HTML code. I believe its the iframe that localguidesconnect forums do not support. 

I was wondering if someone could help me out here, because I wish to present some very detailed photo spheres to the community that I recently made. 

any help is appreciated. 

cheers

Multan, Punjab, Pakistan
17 comments
Level 7

Re: Embedding 360 Photospheres on LGC

Hi @OmerAli, I read that the feature should be for moderators only.

Giulio

Connect Moderator

@Giulio Thanks a lot for your prompt response. 

I was wondering if we could directly ask the moderators to help us embed 360 photo spheres? I know this might be an access level feature limited to their accounts only (based on your reply) but I really wish that Google includes this feature for general public as well. 

I clearly understand the security concerns embedding iframes using html, but 360 photo spheres comes from google and everyone needs to have an API to get its html code, imho, there's no way that anyone could share anything which is not posted/approved on Google. 

I think its a pretty neat feature and Google should allow that for members as well. 

Thanks once again for your help

🙂

Level 9

@OmerAli

Then try sharing only the link here .

Level 7

@Omer21 wrote:

@Giulio Thanks a lot for your prompt response. 

I was wondering if we could directly ask the moderators to help us embed 360 photo spheres?

🙂

In Italian there is a saying that goes something like "asking is allowed, replying is courtesy". 🙂

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/bd-p/Feedback

Connect Moderator

@Giulio

🙂

you made my day

Level 10

@GiulioM wrote:

..."asking is allowed, replying is courtesy"...

Ah well, I am then courteous... 🙂

Anyway, this has been raised already and I have myself asked Googlers if it was possible. Just like we can embed videos - and they are also embedded with iFrames. 

I am also moving the topic to the Feature Request forum for better (and repeated) attention. 

And yes, here is an embedded tour of a Serbian Orthodox Church near my place (just as a teaser 😉

Level 8

I got told that advanced HTML is only available for Moderators and above, normal users can't use it.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@Csaba

Wow, I am getting so lucky today.

Thanks a lot for your quick response and also thanks for moving it to the right direction. 

I hope that this feature gets to us members soon. Honestly, to me its about 360 photos now. I have already ordered my Samsung 360 cam and cannot wait to map my city. 

you guys rock, thanks for keeping this community healthy and alive.

cheers

Level 10