MapWrangler's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Emails for (applied) Added Places to the Map Have Stopped

Hi,

For a little more than a week when I add a place to the map and it is insta-approved I no longer receive an email letting me know the place was added.

I do receive emails for places added that are under review.

Can someone check with the team to see if this is a glitch, or if Google has stopped sending emails for places added to the map?

If this is not the correct place to make this request, any pointers as to the correct place are appreciated.

Thank you.

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Emails for (applied) Added Places to the Map Have Stopped

Hi @MapWrangler I've not seen anyone else report this, have you checked your spam folder?

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hi Paul,

On further checking, I'm embarrassed to say I made an error with Google Mail filters such that confirming emails for "Added Places" didn't hit my inbox but instead went only to the filtered (labeled) location.

Thank you for your speedy reply!

Best wishes,

Roger 

Level 10

@MapWrangler wrote:

Hi Paul,

On further checking, I'm embarrassed to say I made an error with Google Mail filters such that confirming emails for "Added Places" didn't hit my inbox but instead went only to the filtered (labeled) location.

Thank you for your speedy reply!

Best wishes,

Roger 

No worries, @MapWrangler, we always make mistakes. As a matter of fact, I also collect emails of my edits (and LGConnect notifications) under a special label - while "skipping" my inbox. Quite handy, indeed.