Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Email Notification when Reporting Content

"Thanks for flagging potential policy or legal violations on Google. We’ve received your report under the following abuse category: spam or unwanted content."

This seems to have only started maybe a day or two ago? Day by day, when I get notifications of unsavoury questions, I'll report them using the necessary category. Still to this day nine months after implementation, I still don't believe that it's being used to its best capability. Upon making a report however, I've received an email titled: Your report to Google.

But when you start to receive the same email time and time again that doesn't show what was reported, it isn't a feature anymore but functions as some sort of bloat. Right now, I believe that this email only occurs when you report unwanted Q&A's, but I don't receive the email when reporting photos or malicious edit requests.

From my understanding, it also happens to be that it is now a mandatory email that's sent out, so I presume that it will implement through the reporting process throughout. Why is this? It should be enough confirmation when the app shows "Thanks for your report" at the end of each process, but is this better since it does log that Google's activities have received it? This just becomes yet another email that has no purpose and just another click to delete.

I would like some understanding for the change.