NarendraP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Edit on temporary road block

So many time driving with Google navigation the road blocked but still navigate to that route.

So why don't you give chance to local guides to edit road temporary blocked or repairing going on

Hyderguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Edit on temporary road block

I think for temporary roadblocks, usually the time period is often too short to deserve an edit on Maps. The roadblock edits need to be done almost instantly for people to actually take advantage of it, so it can be exploited easily and it will be very hard to maintain the accuracy of the data.

I'm wondering though, Google Maps now gives an alert when there's an accident or road work causing a slowdown / delay on the road in navigation mode. Maybe they can use the same technology to inform people for roadblocks. 

Level 3

That kind of information (accidents, hazards on road, etc.) is usually obtained from Waze, which was acquired by Google back in 2013. So you may report it on Waze; it takes a while for Google to reflect that information on Maps, though. For Waze users, the report is in real time.

Source: http://lifehacker.com/google-maps-adds-incident-reports-from-waze-waze-gets-1171577008

Best regards,

-Jorge Juárez

Level 4

I am curious why, if Google bought Waze in 2013, why have they not merged into one all informative user driven app?

Level 4

Yeah it's so annoying that we're navigating...and suddenly find road block... This must be solved... Plz suggest solutions for this

@NarendraP wrote:

So many time driving with Google navigation the road blocked but still navigate to that route.

So why don't you give chance to local guides to edit road temporary blocked or repairing going on