JeanRV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Duplicate photos posted on the same location by a Local Guide in Maps are an issue

Dear Google, Dear Local Guides

I do not understand why it is possible for a Local Guide to post the same photo twice at the same place on Maps.

If displaying the same photo from the same Local Guide several times makes sense, the Local Guide should explicitly valid each replication of its photo, it should never be a system decision to display 1, 2, 3, 4 ...8, .. times the same photo from the same Local Guide at the same place.

I have never read a post from a Local Guide requesting information about posting duplicate photos. But there are many posts complaining about duplicate photos or suggesting clever ideas to avoid duplicate photos:

1. From shrinidhiK, Duplicate Photos on Google MAP 
  2. From ChrisC, Duplicate Photos in my Maps Contributions (RichardMTereBJRCVargheseJAlanaN report an issue with duplicate photos in the discussion)
  3. From RickT, Help with several hundred duplicate images being uploaded!
  4. From JosephD Duplicate pictures uploaded when there's a slow or bad internet connection 
  5. From LeslieB, Remove multiple photos in Google Maps (JoshuaE also delete duplicates).
  6. From PrzemysławS, Simple *feature request* in order to stop photo-spamming and helps in avoiding mistakes of SV users (MartinKKrzysztofG)
  7. From LucioV, Re: Can someone PLEASE fix this? Several identical photos from one LG at the same place on Maps .

With a quick search on connect before posting this message, I found that 14 other Local Guides have already posted about this issue. I am very sorry to add another post but I feel that the current behavior of Maps with duplicate photos needs either further explanation or or an upgrade.

Chers

5 comments
Level 8

Re: Duplicate photos posted on the same location by a Local Guide in Maps are an issue

Hi @GeorgesHR@PaulPavlinovich  

Please have a look into these issues, many people facing these kind of issues.

Bhaskar
Connect Moderator

Re: Duplicate photos posted on the same location by a Local Guide in Maps are an issue

Did you mention chocolate cake @AmarSu? Lol.

Seriously, I think @JeanRV that this has been discussed so many times that it is simply that none of us have anything new to add to the conversation. While there are some rare use cases where its reasonable to add a duplicate (e.g. two business share a building entrance) mostly duplicates are unwanted.

I have noted that there has been duplicate clean up going on behind the scenes.

Regards Paul

Level 10

@AmarSu yes the original message was a long time ago, perhaps issues resolved and only clean-up as stated by Paul required.  From my experience with duplicate photos I feel things have got a lot better, they used to annoy me greatly.  The only problem I have with them now is occasionally Google will list and ask me to add photos to a place that I know I added and which I ignore but others may not.

Level 10

Dear @PaulPavlinovich,

Thanks for your reply to this post I wrote about one year a half ago. 

This is a very futile issue, I agree with you. Anyway thank for your reply and please keep on posting nice pictures of wonderful girls.

Jean

Connect Moderator

The life of a photographer @JeanRV you need a lot of control and empathy to photograph a person like that, you're working together to make fine art. It is a wonderful experience. 

Regards Paul