cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Duplicate Places Reg.

Screenshot_2017-08-23-08-08-10.jpg

Dear Friends,

We want one feature , once we selected the Duplicate of another option the we can also select the place which Duplicate the current place is.

There should be option to mention multiple places in the Duplicate

For example.

If a same place" K" is showing on map with four dulpicate names W, X,Y,Z.

Then we selected "K" & IN EDIT WE SELECT "DUPLICATE OF ANOTHER ONE"

AFTER THAT WE CAN MENTION THE DUPLICATE NAMES "W,X,Y,Z" THERE.

THANKS & Regards

Vipin K Gupta

Gupta
India
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Duplicate Places Reg.

@Gvipin  I agree completely especially when you find a company that has a bunch of spam listings. Or what would help would be a notes section to back up what is chosen not just radio button to click

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion @Gvipin. This has been shared on a number of occasions and the team is aware of it.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

@LuisRG

Dear Friend,

Google Maps Team should do something to resolve this issue,they should implement something like which I have suggested.

It will improve the Google Map.

I have seen many duplicate places on map.

Regards

Vipin K Gupta

Gupta
Level 8
Level 8

@Gvipin @LuisRG @davidcox

....and, speaking about multiple duplicates:

I find more and more duplicates on Google Maps, added by tourists.
The original places already exists on Google Maps (in the local language, of course), but tourists keep adding the same places in their own language, without any metadata or pictures, and often with a misplaced pinpoint.
It is considered as spamming, when we get A LOT of it.

Maybe they want to share points of interest with their travel companions, but they don't know how or they don't know about the possibility to make+share a list, and then they add a new place on Maps.

Problem solved, they think, and then they leave the country.

As locals, we are stuck with the problem. Again. And again  And again. And again. And again. And aga....

Therefore: we need
• an automated translation of the site's name and metadata, regardless of the language preferences on your Google Maps app
in addition to
• an extra filter(ing process) for registering new places, which non-locals must pass.

Reporting one place as a duplicate, and another and yet another, will only handle the symptoms, but will never get the Google Maps teams attention to address the (reason to the) problem itself.

Can you please pass this on, @LuisRG ?
Thank you!

PS! Are there any norwegian/scandinavian speaking people in the Google Maps team? That would sure come very handy!

Best wishes, FU