Septarina_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Display bouncing while writing on mobile web Connect

Hello @Corrie @GusMoreira @TraciC

I have issue when using local guides connect on mobile web. every time I type a single letter, display always look bounce to down, see link my videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sJWWhmg8LqDFIvRr1

This happened when I wrote a lot and inserted a word between paragraphs. This makes it uncomfortable. Please correct.

Bandung, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
10 comments
Level 10

Re: Display bouncing while writing on mobile web Connect

Hi @Septarina_H, indeed the mobile interface is buggy. Especially when editing and trying to go back to change/insert something. 

I believe the team is aware however of the issues and working on fixes. 

BTW I am writing this from mobile.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Septarina_H,

I'm unable to replicate the problem you are having with our in-house devices. I have tested with both iOS and Android mobile devices on the same board you are checking.  I believe you are on Android yes? What device? Can you also let me know what browser you are using?

You might want to try these options that have helped others with app issues. Please note that these instructions might be different across Android products:

Clear the app cache - Go to Settings > Applications > Google (if you are using the Google Browser App), then tap Clear Cache.

Clear the phone cache - The cache is basically a dumping ground for temporary data (saved passwords and such). The most common time this is useful is straight after an Android update, when battery drain, glitches, crashes or other weirdness can occasionally affect your system. 

Turn off your phone -> press and hold power and volume up (and if you have one, the home button) ->  use the volume button to select wipe cache partition and then confirm by pressing the power button.  

After the wipe is complete, select reboot system.  Hopefully these steps will be helpful. 

I am not available to respond on the weekend

@FaridTDF — is this the problem you are experiencing too? 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @Septarina_H,

I'm unable to replicate the problem you are having with our in-house devices. I have tested with both iOS and Android mobile devices on the same board you are checking.  I believe you are on Android yes? What device? Can you also let me know what browser you are using?

You might want to try these options that have helped others with app issues. Please note that these instructions might be different across Android products:

Clear the app cache - Go to Settings > Applications > Google (if you are using the Google Browser App), then tap Clear Cache.

Clear the phone cache - The cache is basically a dumping ground for temporary data (saved passwords and such). The most common time this is useful is straight after an Android update, when battery drain, glitches, crashes or other weirdness can occasionally affect your system. 

Turn off your phone -> press and hold power and volume up (and if you have one, the home button) ->  use the volume button to select wipe cache partition and then confirm by pressing the power button.  

After the wipe is complete, select reboot system.  Hopefully these steps will be helpful. 

@BruceDM I have followed the instructions you provided, but they are still problematic. I use Samsung J7 Prime, Android Nougat 7.0, Chrome v62

Level 9

Hello @Septarina_H

I believe you have an android device

Go to the options on the top right

Then scroll down and request desktop site

I hope it will solve your problem

Best regards

SAUDI LOCALGUIDE 

Connect Moderator

Hola @JeslynL, en ninguna de las versiones de iOS y Android que tengo observo este problema que mencionan más arriba. 

Utilizo para acceder a Connect:

iPhone 7+ con iOS 11.2 / Chrome 62.0.3202.70

Motorola Z Play con Android 7.1.1 / Chrome 62.0.3202.84

Hello @راضي,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not as familiar with Android so this could certainly be part of the problem.

@Septarina_H let us know if this works.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Hello @BruceDM

You are welcome my friend

Cheers

Saudi local guide 

Level 8

@راضي wrote:

Hello @BruceDM

You are welcome my friend

Cheers

Saudi local guide 

@راضي@BruceDM thanks for suggest.

If I using desktop site option on Chrome, it work normally. But the view is too small for my view.

I hope Google can solved this issue.

Yesterday, I got update firmware from Samsung. I test again and problems still exist.