JaiunL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Delay for level update in LG and local guides connect

About 12 hours ago I became a Level 4 LG. Both the google maps app on my tablet and my profile on maps.google.com/localguides/home show that I am a level 4. However, my profile in here, LG connect, says that I am a level 2 LG.

Does LG connect employ a different standard of levels or is the data just being delayed?

41 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Delay for level update in LG and local guides connect

Hey @JaiunL, it does take some time for your Local Guides level on both platforms to sync. So as with all Local Guides who just unlocked a new level and do seeing the update on Connect, I recommend giving a buffer of 24 - 48 hours. Congrats on getting to Level 4! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Solution

Hey @JaiunL, it does take some time for your Local Guides level on both platforms to sync. So as with all Local Guides who just unlocked a new level and do seeing the update on Connect, I recommend giving a buffer of 24 - 48 hours. Congrats on getting to Level 4! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 6

Thanks for the swift reply @JeslynL. Guess it's the limit of ouur current technology XD. Happy to serve the LG community with my skills.

Thanks again.

Level 8

discrepancy of badges in connect page and contribution page

connect page showing level 5connect page showing level 5level 6 with 1566 points on contribution pagelevel 6 with 1566 points on contribution pageMy connect page is showing my badge as level 5. Actually its showing correctly in contribution page as level 6 .I have read some post saying that it will take 24 hours to sync , but its been more than 1 day.  can anyone help

Re: discrepancy of badges in connect page and contribution page

Hello @JibinPaul,

Please try logging out of your connect account and log back in. This way you are going to synchronize your Connect account with your Google Account again.

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

@GeorgesHR No sir it didn't worked. Still  showing the same error

Level 9

Lately when I was on level 8 and visited to Shimla, I reached on level 9 but after 7 days it was showing me on 8 here on connect too. I tried everything but no luck, finally I started contributing again and I got 9. That was just a trick. 

@JibinPaul- Normally level updation took 48 hrs here on connect but I'd recommend you to keep contributing. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@GeorgesHR Sir I don't know whether you have cross checked it or not. Just now my problem got solved. It got synced.

It took more than 48 hours

Any way thank you @GeorgesHR@deepakjhic

Hello @JibinPaul,

I am very glad to hear that your issues are now resolved.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

@GeorgesHR An unwanted 'not' is there in your reply. haha

Thank You