aziphm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Creating a Review directly from Timeline

I use Timeline a lot to review the places that I have travelled to and to jog my memory about certain places.

One of the coolest timeline features is Google automatically places images from each of the places we visited (i guess from the geolocation data on the photograph). So we may have forgotten what that place looks like, but Google grabs it from out gazzilion photos that we never got around to sorting, and placed them in the correct place in timeline. (Even if its not correct, we can always change the location in Timeline).

Now what would be an AWESOME feature for Local Guides is the ability to select the photos and immediately upload to that location from Timeline itself. Or upload the photos to a review post for that particular location. As of now, I cannot figure out how to do this. I can pull out the location by selecting Location Details on the three dot menu. But when we do a review there, the photos are nowhere to be found. Sometimes you can search and they will pop up, but most of the  times they are lost in the big black hole of travel pics in the cloud.

Anyone with a solution or workaround?

4 comments
Level 10

Re: Creating a Review directly from Timeline

Hi @aziphm this is a nice request, but actually, the place to review is just one click away from timeline:

Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 16.36.00.png

I think this is quite good. Anyway, i approve your request!

Connect Moderator

It's not a perfect solution, but reviewing your Timeline and fixing any errors (such as it thinking you were next door to where you really were) will result in you being presented in Contribute with a list of those place you've visited but not reviewed.

Screenshot_20170322-084036.png

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@GreggG wrote:

It's not a perfect solution, but reviewing your Timeline and fixing any errors (such as it thinking you were next door to where you really were) will result in you being presented in Contribute with a list of those place you've visited but not reviewed.

Screenshot_20170322-084036.png

I found that @Greg. But like I said in my post, the photographs are nowhere to be found. Timeline grabs photos and are already in the right location geographically. When we contribute, we would have to search for the photographs, and I cant get the search to find the same pics as Timeline can.

Sorry but this is not a solution or workaround I'm looking for.

Level 8

Hi @aziphm,

We used to have that photo association in Maps sometimes ago.  And it is quietly disabled.

I can only guess the reason might be, LGs seldom carefully double verify the correct location before clicking Upload photos.  Resulting lots of photos attached to wrong places.