MrLabule's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Challenges Of A Local Guide

I am Ademola, a level 8 local guide from Nigeria moving gradually to the next stage via my contributions making the Google map a better app for all in every community I visit. As I climb the ladder, I begin to experience new challenges. The latest challenge being the dual existence or more of a particular place or business which I have tried to close enough being in the same location. I am however not worried about those multiple existing places being closed immediately because I know it will soon as a lot has been approved.

Google itself has created some places which can neither be closed nor edited except one will have to add photos to the place as it's protected.

My point after all this epistle is, if I try to add that particular place because I have all the information of the place, it'll be published but I'm scared of being amongst those creating dual or more of same business.

How can this issue be resolved? 

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Lagos, Nigeria
4 comments
Level 7

Re: Challenges Of A Local Guide

Your concerns about the duplicity of places are quite valid. But why will you want to add places that already exist when you can just suggest an edit by adding all the information you have? That way, you won't have to add a place that already exists. Rather, you'll be contributing valuable information to maps.

Level 10

Thank you for responding! Of course I won't subscribe to adding already existing places. This is a typical example, the latest I came across, 

Access Dental Clinic
Panseke, Abeokuta

https://goo.gl/maps/DcL1FfSnVv82 and there's no way for me to add the other information I got from the clinic.

Level 7

@MrLabule

Nice one!

So many challenges to a local guide especially when you are very sure of the place you want to add.

Anyway, I now do alot of editing but yet, most have not been approved and I'm patiently waiting for Google to publish my edits.

Though it is good to note that some edits are published almost immediately!

Level 10

Good to know that! Don't worry it'll be approved when it's verified! Even if you see "not applied in some cases", Google doesn't forget as another local guide will definitely see the error and request a correction and you'll get points for making the changes too.

@Magbagbeola wrote:

@MrLabule

Nice one!

So many challenges to a local guide especially when you are very sure of the place you want to add.

Anyway, I now do alot of editing but yet, most have not been approved and I'm patiently waiting for Google to publish my edits.

Though it is good to note that some edits are published almost immediately!