ShubhangBorkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Cant see my contributions on the android app but works fine on desktop site

I cant see my contributions on the android app of Google maps..If i go into My contributions > Reviews then it shows a message saying "You haven't written any reviews yet." . I am on the latest version of the app. Surprisingly, if I visit the desktop site on my laptop, everything works fine and I can see all my reviews, photos and edits. Anyone else having same problems?

One more thing.. Even if i add a photo from the app, i cant see it in my contributions but can see on desktop site..

On desktop siteOn desktop siteOn android appOn android app

14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Cant see my contributions on the android app but works fine on desktop site

After two days of struggle the issue is finally fixed.. I had tried everything from clearing cache and app data to restarting device to setting time and date to automatic.. Nothing worked.. What finally worked is these steps.

Posting here so that it can help anyone who has the same issue..

1) From desktop site change google account password

2) Clear app data and cache

3) Wait to get notification to sign in with new password

4) Sign in with new password and boom.. Everything works fine now..

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ShubhangBorkar, we're looking into it at the moment. However, if you are able to access it later, please give us an update too. 

In the meantime, it'll be helpful if you can share which device you are using and the OS it's running on.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Hi @ShubhangBorkar,

For Mobile issues, it will be worth trying the following:

1. Restart Mobile device

2.  Clear Cache Data

3.  Uninstall and reinstall Maps

Sometimes, it is just the transient data connection issues, which will be recovered by itself.

Level 7

I am using Xiaomi Redmi 2 running Android 4.4.4 with MIUI 8.. Problem is still not solved.. I got few emails though about the badges i have earned till now

Level 7

Tried everything from restarting phone to clearing app data and cache. Tried with different internet connections also..

Level 7

Ok now this is something strange.. I was just going through the app and i realized that i cant see "Your places" in the app.. It just keeps loading.. Works fine on the desktop site.. Also i get notifications about the places i visited (which i see can see on desktop site and not on mobile app) as app notifications to review the places.. I tried few more things later like searching for "work" which usually used to give me my work location and found that the app is asking me to sign in.. But actually i am already signed in.. attaching screenshots.. you can see its asking me to sign in.. In the background you can see that i am actually signed in.. Hope this info will help to sort out this issue..

when i search "work"when i search "work"<SCREENSHOT CONTAINING EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Level 8

Hi @ShubhangBorkar,

For Sign on issues on Mobile, date/time issue is a common reason.

Can you double check youe time settings?  Toggle the settings to sync from network and see if it helps.

https://support.google.com/maps/forum/AAAAQuUrST8aYQiMojpctw/?hl=en

Level 7

Yes.. Checked.. Its set to update automatically from network

Level 8

Not much further advice I can give here.

If you can try to more test, that should be helpful to isolate possible issues.

A.  Try a different account in your mobile

B.  Try your account using a mobile with newer Android 

Level 7
Solution

After two days of struggle the issue is finally fixed.. I had tried everything from clearing cache and app data to restarting device to setting time and date to automatic.. Nothing worked.. What finally worked is these steps.

Posting here so that it can help anyone who has the same issue..

1) From desktop site change google account password

2) Clear app data and cache

3) Wait to get notification to sign in with new password

4) Sign in with new password and boom.. Everything works fine now..