RobertoL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Cannot redeem local guide level 4 free storage

Hi,
I have a paid 100 GB plan on gdrive and just reached local guides level 4.

Since I'm long below the limit of my paid plan, and because the free storage offer only lasts one year, I've decided to add the latter to my other Google account.

I tried to do it on my android phone, selecting the other account when asked, but the process throw out an error.

Now, when I try to redeem the storage on either account I get a message saying the storage has already been redeemed.

I just received the monthly bill for my paid plan, so I'm pretty sure the redeeming didn't work even on my main account.

May there be a conflict between the paid storage and the free one?

How can I fix the situation?

The free storage offer will be available only through 9/14.

Thanks for your assistance,
Roberto

Roma, RM, Italia
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Cannot redeem local guide level 4 free storage

@RobertoL

Yes, you may use the redemption code on another account but you will only receive one Drive credit.

Please be sure to only activate the Drive storage on the account for which you would like the storage to be applied. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

It may take up to 14 days after redeeming your storage for your storage to be updated. To check your Drive status, go to this link (https://www.google.com/settings/storage).

The 100 GB perk is supplemental to any existing paid plan you may have. Manage your Drive account here: https://www.google.com/settings/storage

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hi, @RobertoL did you check your another account.

Please do check your another account or visit this page after you sign in to another account to know your drive storage capacity.

Peace 🙂  Happy Mapping

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Solution

@RobertoL

Yes, you may use the redemption code on another account but you will only receive one Drive credit.

Please be sure to only activate the Drive storage on the account for which you would like the storage to be applied. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

It may take up to 14 days after redeeming your storage for your storage to be updated. To check your Drive status, go to this link (https://www.google.com/settings/storage).

The 100 GB perk is supplemental to any existing paid plan you may have. Manage your Drive account here: https://www.google.com/settings/storage

Level 8

Hi @RobertoL,

I wish you can come back and update us the progress of your issue.

It depends how you are redeeming your Drive space - by the Redeem button under your Local Guides account homepage?  Or by following a link from the notification email?

I personally consider using the Redeem button in LG homepage for another Google Account is too complicated to operate with Mobile phone.

Level 4

Hi Corrie,

thanks for your reply.

I just received an email with a new redemption code.  I tried it and this time it worked!

Drive storage settings now show a total of 200GB, as expected.

Thanks again for your support and best regards.

Roberto

Level 4

Hi CorrieD

I´m just having the same problem with my local guide leve4 free drive storage... but my story is little bit diferent, when I clicked on the button to activate it I got a html FORBIDEN message... I refresh the page and clicked on that button again again and I got that message:  Sorry, this offer has already been redeemed.

Do you know what did happen? It was all a little bit strange because one day my android phone app told me I become level 4, next day a recived a congrat mail, a week later I recived 3 mails congrat I became local guide level 1, 2, and 3 ....

Any help?

Thank you in advance

Jesus C.

Level 8

Hi @JesusC,

I am mentioning @Corrie here as she might not take note of your new post.  I start with typing the at sign in order to mention her.

How did you initiate the redemption process?  From your LG homepage or following a link in email?

The Level 1/2/3 emails are from Connect, as you earned the respective badges when you logon to Connect for the first time.

Level 4

Hi @YK1001

Thanks for your quick answer....

Well I did it with my bq android smart phone.... On 10th of january while I was uploading a picture my mobile phone congrat me as I had become local guide 4 .... but nothing happened just started level 5, it was in the morning.... next day 11th I recived a mail congrat me and there was a link button for activating the drive free 1 year 100GB ... when I clicked on it I got a HTML Forbidden error page .... I did refresh and the page with the link for activating free drive appeared again I click on that link again and I got that message I told you before.

About the rest of mails .... yes they were badges ... connect....

Level 8

Hi @JesusC,

In this case, our Google Moderators will be able to look into your account and see what they can help.

They might contact you in private channels as personal informations might be needed.

@JesusC Please send an email detailing your experience and including screenshots if possible to local-guidesATgoogleDOTcom