SerhiyG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Can't add hours to place

I can't add hours to place like a church or similar. In the interface just does not appear the possibility of adding. What could be the reason?

26 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Can't add hours to place

This seems to be a feature of the Church category, that hours are not permitted. You could Send Feedback > Other feedback via the map to 'Describe your issue or share your ideas'

Meantime if the churches you know have their hours on display at the building, you can always take a photo and add that to the listing. 

Hey @ShafiulB just an aside, but could you avoid posting in all caps, it looks very SHOUTY! 

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@SerhiyG THERE ARE MANY REASON FOR DIFFERENT  HOURS  BETWEEN CHURCH/ MOSQUE VS OTHER PLACE LIKES SCHOOL/COLLEGE/BANK ETC

BECOZ  SCHOOL/COLLEGE/BANK/ STORES ARE MAINTAIN  BY A REGULAR PERIOD OF HOURS ... DAY/ NIGHT .. 

WE GET THEM A REGULAR TIME & ALL ARE MAINTAIN A PARTICULAR TIME FOR OPENING OR CLOSING .

BUT .. WHEN ITS THE MATTER OF ANY CHURCH OR MOSQUE OR SIMILAR THERE R NO HOURS AVAILABLE

COZ  WHERE EVERY ONE CAN CAME FOR SELF PURIFICATION OR THE  SATISFACTION OF GOD...  

SO NO NEED TO ANY TIME FOR ... U CAN GO THERE ANY TIME ... 

SO  I THINK FOR THIS KIND OF REASON THERE ARE NO HOURS AVAILABLE ON ANY CHURCH OR MOSQUE ...ON MAPS 

Level 3

@ShafiulB

But, churches have the schedule of service. And not every church is open permanently.
I think, here need to have something like "Hours when place is open and the schedule of service".

Level 10

Hi @SerhiyG

Could you post an example link? 

I suspect that the church is added as geometry (the building itself is named) and not as a "place" - a point of interest. Such geometry has limited features - like you cannot add hours for instance.

Normally, churches can have opening hours (I usually add the service hours as most of the churches are closed outside those hours anyway).

Level 8

@Csaba: what category (exactly) do you use for churches? because I can confirm the same issue: even if we add "hours" to church features, these are not displayed via Maps. of course, we talk about POIs, not geometries. I even can't remember back in time that churches would have geometries - these are mapped as "normal buildings" as well.

Level 3

Level 10

Hi @Tom-SR

I wanted to provide a few examples but noticed that indeed these churches do not have opening ours as possibly editable data. I swear it used to be there (maybe only when I was actually adding the place, as the system ???), I have no idea what happened and when.

Level 10

Hi @SerhiyG

We were cross-posting, sorry. As I mentioned above, I can no longer find this feature with churches.

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

This seems to be a feature of the Church category, that hours are not permitted. You could Send Feedback > Other feedback via the map to 'Describe your issue or share your ideas'

Meantime if the churches you know have their hours on display at the building, you can always take a photo and add that to the listing. 

Hey @ShafiulB just an aside, but could you avoid posting in all caps, it looks very SHOUTY! 

Connect Moderator

@Pea OK .. I will try  to avoid in writing Caps ..