JeanRV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

回應: Bug report in connect: Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authenticat

Hi @JeanRV,

It is a normal practice to mark an issue as resolved when there is no further input from the user.

As user might not be online frequently, so it is also OK to reopen an issue, by marking ad not resolved.

It the error only happen after two hours, then I guess it is working as expected.  As there are session timeouts for active connections.  When there is no communication after the timeout lapsed, the post action will fail ad the token is expired.

Former Google Contributor

回應: Bug report in connect: Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authenticat

Thanks @YK1001! You are correct — a login session will not continue indefinitely; if you start a post and take several hours to complete it, you will likely be logged out (hence the authentication error) in the interim. Hope this is helpful @JeanRV.

A friendly reminder when escalating issues and interacting with other Local Guides — please be kind, patient, and understanding. Help us make Local Guides Connect a friendly and helpful place to be. Respect the moderators and each other. Local Guides is a global community comprised of many different languages, time zones, ages, and levels of expertise. Everyone is welcome.

Refer to this post for more guidelines about Connect etiquette.

Level 10

Thanks @YK1001 and @MegS for your replies.

@YK1001, you wrote: "It the error only happen after two hours, then I guess it is working as expected.  As there are session timeouts for active connections.  When there is no communication after the timeout lapsed, the post action will fail ad the token is expired". I would like to tell two things:

1. The error happens before two hours, It happens for sure after two hours, I mentioned two hours to give any people interested in improving this platform a simple way to reproduce the error
  2. I do not report a bug when I receive a "session timeout" message for a session time out. I believe it is a buggy behavior for a system to send the three error messages "Authentication failed", "Authentication ticket mismatch", "failed authentication" instead of "edit session timout, you have lost your work, next time you will be more careful"

@MegS, I did read  the post for more guidelines about Connect etiquette several times before posting messages and I tried to follow the guidelines. I did not want to be rude, unfriendly or disrespectul with moderators.  I  was trying to help improve the system. By the way, English is not my first language and I am sorry if my way of writing in English makes you feel I am unfriendly or disrespectul. I would appreciate any advice to improve my English writing.

Level 8

Hi @JeanRV,

There were too much jumping in my replies,  I am sorry for that and let me try again.

1.  First of all, the exact error message is not helpful (even meaningless) to end users like us.  

2.  By experience,. I know that type of message is due to session timeout.

3.  But session timeout can have different reasons.  The issue behind is a lost or expiration of session token or cookie.

4.  I have see some random lost of session token before.  So if every posting action result with an error, then it is problematic

5.  If lost of token is by normal timeout, then it is working by design

6.  We do not know what is the exact login session timeout.  It used to be half hour, two hours.  I guess it is two hours at the moment.

7.  The session timer, I guess, is not activities bases.  So it can timeout even we are typing a post.

Thus when our main login session cross two hours since we start compose a post but before clicking post, the timeout happen, and session token is expired.

This results with all kinds of debug code.

Hope this can help!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JeanRV, no apologies necessary.

@YK1001's breakdown is correct — it's not a bug, it's working as intended (as unhelpful as the error message may be).

Thanks both!