JeanRV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bug report in connect: Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authentication

Hello,

After I spend some time editing a message, I get an error message: "Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authentication"

Capture écran Authentication Failed, Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication error message.JPG

This message has limited consequences. To get rid of it, I close all the connect pages and restart from the last autosaved version of my message.

I decided to write this post because I got it after clicking on the post button instead of getting the message: "posted!".I thought I had lost my message because it was not in my autosaved messages but indeed the message had been posted even with this error message.

Cheers

14 comments
Level 8

回應: Bug report in connect: Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authenticat

Hi @JeanRV,

Thank you very much taking the time to report.

Personally, I will check the time accuracy of my device if I got any kind of Authentication Ticket related errors in general - not Connect specific. 

To make reports more complete, please include:

- The platform and device you are using.  Desktop Browser version, OS version.  Mobile OS version, etc.

- The date and time of the error

- If the post got through instead of the error message, possibly include a link to that message

Level 10

回應: Bug report in connect: Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authenticat

Thanks 

Level 8

Thank you very much for digging out the details, @JeanRV.

It is really disturbing if happening at every post.

Cc: @MegS

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for flagging @JeanRV & @YK1001. I'll escalate and circle back if I need more information.

Level 10

Thanks @MegS and @YK1001 for escalating these issues.

Regarding the Authentication issue, I got it again this morning. Once again It was after of a "long", more than one hour, edit session of a message. I can provide more information that may help solve the issue:

I started to edit the message Re: récompense local guides at 09:31 Paris time

Capture écran début edition du 9h31 heure de Paris.JPG

At 10:00, I opened the message: Re: Can someone PLEASE fix this? Several identical...

Capture écran ligne 10h00 du navigateur.JPG

I started to receive the message: Authentication failed, Authentication ticket mismatch, failed authentication for each Autosave attemps from my browser at 11:12. I finished editing my message but I was not able to post it.I 11:27). I had to find, open ((at 11:27) and update the last autosaved version  (from around 11:00) to be able to post the message. 

Capture ecran historique navigateur de 11h06 à 11h33.JPG

The error I received when trying to post the message is the page:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/replypage.editorform.form.form.form

with the message: "Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page."

I also got the invalid HTML error as usual. When I have time, I will try to save the HTML version before and after the error message to help solve this other issue.

Cheers

Hi @JeanRV,

Can you clear your cookies and cache and try again? Please also reboot your computer if you haven't already.

Let me know if that helps at all.

@JeanRV Can you confirm if this is still an issue for you after clearing cache and cookies?

@JeanRV We're marking this issue resolved. Thanks for flagging.

Level 10

Hello @MegS,

I do not understand the reason why you have marked this issue as solved.

It is very easy to reproduce this bug. You edit a message for more than two hours, or you wait more than two hours before hitting the post button.

I have tried several times to post this reply. I did not succeed. Several factors can explain this failure: I am stupid, careless and impatient, the user repellant behavior of the connect platform, ...

Cheers