IvanLondon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

[Bug]: incorrect time of an answer within ‘Questions and Answers’

Hi guys,

I seem to have encountered a bug within ‘Questions and Answers’ feature. I’ve replied to a question today (i.e. on Wednesday), but the time shows as ‘in the last week’ for some reason (as per below printscreen):

530945BA-73BF-434C-9457-6E6F82C95634.jpeg

Best,

Ivan London 

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: [Bug]: incorrect time of an answer within ‘Questions and Answers’

This last week treatment is consistent across Reviews and Q&A.

I guess this is on purpose.  To protect our privacy such that people will not find out we just visited certain places TODAY.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hello @IvanLondon

Here is another one thread and we are still waiting for update from @BruceDM.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Denoting-post-time-in-Q-amp-A-fe...

#1. Problem in review system also. When you review a POI it will show you in last week. 

Kind Regards 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Thanks @deepakjhic

Former Google Contributor

Hello @IvanLondon and @deepakjhic,

Thank you for sharing.  As I have noted to many Local Guides in the past, we appreciate the feedback that we receive as we look to improve user experience on Connect and also Google Maps.  It should also be noted that while all suggestions for updates to the program are all considered, any future implementations and updates occur over a period of time and all suggestions are certainly not a guarantee to happen.  

As you have shown in your screenshot this feature is currently working as intended. "In the last week" does properly note a post that occurred between the moment you posted it to 7 days in the future 🙂

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

@BruceDM Thanks Bruce, it’s an interesting definition of ‘last week’ which I haven’t come across before.

So if you are telling your friends about some event that happened this morning, would you actually describe the time as ‘last week’? 🙂 

Level 8
Solution

This last week treatment is consistent across Reviews and Q&A.

I guess this is on purpose.  To protect our privacy such that people will not find out we just visited certain places TODAY.

Level 7

@YK1001 That’s a good point, thanks for sharing

Former Google Contributor

@IvanLondon - Haha I definitely wouldn't say "in the last week" for something that happened today or even a few days ago 🙂 

While I do not have information on when or why they implemented the time of your data in this way, I do believe this is a way of protecting the privacy of those who decide to share information on Google Maps.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

@BruceDM Thanks for your note.

I definetely can see the privacy protection point.

Thanks,

Ivan London