kozjegyzo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Bug Report] Server Error When Adding Photos

Hi All,

I was adding a lot of photos in the recent days using the "Add your photos to Maps" feature both on the web and via mobile app. Some of them I took a long time ago. The process was painstakingly slow and buggy.

Maps on the web ran into "Server Error, try again later" and the Maps app on Android "Can't connect to Maps, try again later" (the phrasing might be incorrect, I'm sorry)

These errors happened when I was uploading a larger number of photos. A couple of photos was going fine, but the above 20 is a problem.

I noticed that some, but not all photos did upload, and those seemed to be random.

Please take a look at the issue.

Using

Google Maps on the web

Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

On strong wifi

Using

Maps app Version 9.55.2

Android 7.0

On Samsung Galaxy S8+

Budapest, Hungary
10 comments
Level 10

Re: [Bug Report] Server Error When Adding Photos

"strong wifi" doesn't necessarily means your cell phone's connection to the server is great. It just means the wifi connection between your phone and the router is strong.

For most location using a phone's data link e.g. 3G / LTE is the best surefire connection.

Level 8

Let me be precise, the phone and the computer that I'm using to upload the pictures are on a broadband (120Mbit/s) connection. The error is not on my side it's a server side problem, or something else.

Level 9

I also got this problem.

PKD
Level 5

I have this same exact problem. And this issue is irrespective of the network, since I have tried adding the photos with two different LAN internet and a mobile career data internet as well. Is a solution out for this yet?

Level 7

Same problem here.

Level 10

I have had the same issue for a long time too. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone. Unable to fix, tried many things such as; uninstall then reinstall Google maps, sign out then sign back in, restart phone several times, checked settings to make sure everything is allowed to sync, update, has access, etc. Tried few other tricks such as changing time and date zones, then resetting to automatic and other things, nothing fixes this issue. This is very frustrating as us guides attempt to easily add photos to places we visit, but are not able too. 

Level 6

I've had the same problem for months on both desktop and mobile.

Level 8

I still have this issue when trying to upload more than a few pictures.

This is a real problem, as people don't usually upload pictures right then and there when they take them. I mean it's totally logical that you wanna enjoy being there, instead of fooling around with your phone. Also if you are on a trip abroad you might incur big charges for roaming, or if you are in the middle of nowhere, you won't have data service at all.

So you took a lot of beautiful pics on a mountaintop, go home where you have wifi, and wanna share your photos. You might wanna share 30 pics, because you took a lot. That won't be easy, or it won't work at all...

I urge Maps to address this issue, as pictures are very important to people, and we wanna share and make Maps better!

Level 3

Ik krijg sinds kort serverfout, ik kom geregeld in Polen woon in Nederland, ik kan alleen een paar foto's uploaden die ik jaren geleden gemaakt heb in Polen. Standaard krijg ik steeds dezelfde plaats in Polen als ik via mijn bijdragen foto's wil toevoegen.Dus ook als ik in Nederland ben springt maps steeds naar Polen. Mijn  locatie wordt overigens wel correct weergegeven Ik krijg geen opties meer om foto's toe te  voegen aan plaatsnamen, wel aan gemarkeerde gelegenheden in die plaatsen zelf .Ik krijg geen vlak meer om foto's naar toe te slepen Alles ging 1,5 maand geleden nog prima. Google foto's worden niet weergegeven op die paar oude foto's na. Google drive en google foto's op zich geen probleem