Wohme's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Broken Mapping Activity - Forever Not Applied

Hi Local Guides Team,

Something suspicious is definitely going on with my account, because since november none of my edits, place creations are applied. Most of them are rejected instantly. 

Since then I sent feedback to the Google Team via Google Maps "send feedback" option and tried to overcome this problem by relentlessly trying to add and edit places I wanted hoping that it is a glitch and will be fixed by time with no success. And I want to highlight the fact that I read all the post regarding this problem on the forum and visited all the links which were listed as "solution". So please do not send me links like these. My problem is actually closely related the one which Briggs had in this post.

My data quality submitted to the Maps is impeccable, so there should be no reason to be rejected. My data quality record in the Google Map Maker era was like 98%, which then plummeted right after it was changed, but at least most of my edits were still applied. After november I get insta-rejected right after I want to change something. I want to also add that my mapping activity is mostly place creations and edits, because I want Maps to be totally reliable for everyone and me as well, since I administrate a lot of places in my saved lists.

If a moderator would observe my account that would be highly appreciated. Also I do not want to be downgraded in the future because of the "not applied" statuses are in such a great number, that the algorithm would mark me as a spammer for example.

Some additional partly off-topic points since Google Map Maker was shut down (Data quality on Maps - in Hungary (especially in Budapest) - has changed a lot in the wrong direction):

• auto translated place names are absolutely ridiculous (e.g. "XY Bar" auto translated to: "XY Although", because the Hungarian word "bár" means "although" in English) People should be in charge in this situation, because this feature causes a lot of harm to the quality. All the words are auto translated in a place's name, while there are examples when it is totally blatant and unnecessary. Needless to say I tried to fix these manually with no success.
  • place duplications multiplied over time
  • some highly attended places like one of the night clubs in the city is not present on the Maps at all, despite the fact that a lot of tourists would search for that place and that I added it several times with auto-rejection for sure. This place I'm talking about was present for years before on Maps.

I hope this problem will be fixed, because I really want to make Maps a reliable information source for everyone when they visit my city.

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Broken Mapping Activity - Forever Not Applied

Hi @Wohme sad to hear that you are having issues. Are you using a device with location turned on? Are you physically at (or at least have been at) the places you are trying to add?

I would recommend against trying to add things repeatedly as that may make things worse.

It sounds like your profile may have reached a low trust level which would require a Googler like @BruceDM to look at.

Regards Paul

Level 7

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

First of all thank you for the quick answer!

I'm using the Timeline function of Maps since 2015 and I maintain it regularly, so that shouldn't be a reason. Apart from this I regularly edited places I haven't been, but I was sure that the information is correct. I think Maps shouldn't limit you to edit only the places you had been to before.

I hope I can continue to edit Maps with my high trust level as before in the future.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Wohme I too edit places I've not been too sometimes (mostly through Q&A) but I mostly stick to places I have been at least for additions.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hi @Wohme (also from Hungary). Last year I also had a (quite sudden) period when all my edits were suddenly rejected. Interestingly, what I was doing that time was to change (to more precise) categories from the simple "Church" to "Catholic church" or "Reformed church" etc. Things that you need not to be at the place I believe (although there are more "conservatve" views on this).

Anyway, my issue "auto-solved" itself after a week or two. 

Could you post some ecamples of your rejections? Just for us to see (neither @PaulPavlinovich nor me are Googlers so we can only share experiances but not solve problems).