HaysiKing's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Bring back old features from map maker.

Can we please get the ability to edit roads again? I miss a lot of the old features on the old map maker. Can we maybe get a hint of what's to come after beta? Cause the way map maker is now it makes people who dedicated our life's to bettering our local area feel like we had our wings clipped. Maybe let us have more power with a leveling system? Like level 7 you have more power?  The comment section on a edit was so helpful too. On the old map maker we felt more special cause we had a lot of room to do our thing and I'm sure must agree it was like a second job and we took it seriously. It would help if you had ur own map maker app.

7 comments
Level 7

Re: Bring back old features from map maker.

i also want it back

Great to see other people also want it back

But what i do not want is the error messages it used to come up with, every time i used old mapmaker, it came up with a error message, so yes to mapmaker but no to the old version witch didn't work

adding missing pedestrian paths takes a long time 

Level 7

PATH SO SUB.png

This is a example of a pedestrian path i want to add in, still not added

Level 8

I suppose a lot of people want that. Ant not just roads. In Lithuanian cities we have thousands upon thousands of missing buildings (and their addresses) which are not being added by the Google team. Thank god we can now edit road names - this is also something that we have to work on in our country.

What I really miss are updates to what is planned in Google Maps, what is coming, what to wait for. Now we just sit here adding new commercial sites.

Sometimes I feel like Google Maps is more and more becoming catalog for businesses, not an accurate map of the world. And this is sad, because other platforms, like OpenStreetMap, are already way ahead.

Level 7

I hope it will happen in 2018

Level 6

Lol still waiting for it to change

Level 7

I am still waiting too 

Level 8

I have to agree with you, @HaysiKing. In Maps we can still use the Send Feedback option but a direct edit was a lot more easier.