Conradsbaby's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Breastfeeding friendly rating

As a nursing mother, I was surprised by the stigma and shaming that still surrounds breastfeeding in a public place. I think it would be a big help to many nursing mother's to add some kind of "breastfeeding friendliness" rating questions, such as: "Does this place have a private nursing/pumping room with outlets?"

Charlotte, NC, United States
7 comments
Level 5

Re: Breastfeeding friendly rating

This is a wonderful idea!

Level 8

Thank you for the great idea, @Conradsbaby!

I wish Google will pick this up as soon as possible.

Level 7

@YK1001 wrote:

Thank you for the great idea, @Conradsbaby!

I wish Google will pick this up as soon as possible.

Thank you @YK1001, I hope so too. Not only would it be helpful to nursing mother's and their families, I think some business owners might even strive to achieve a "breastfeeding friendly" rating to increase business. It would be win/win

Level 7

@EarthyRaign wrote:

This is a wonderful idea!

Thank you, @EarthyRaign. I hope Google agrees, lol!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Conradsbaby I think this is a great idea, I think I would simplify it though and simply ask "breastfeeding friendly?". Short questions are harder for people to misunderstand. The only concern I would have would be people who did not like to see breast feeding misusing the questions to indicate "no" when it really was "yes" just because they don't like it. You would hope that wouldn't happen but the world is full of people who are not nice. Personally when I see a breastfeeding mum I think cool, great to see a baby having a good feed but others, well lets just leave it there since Connect is meant to be friendly.

Regards Paul

Level 7

Hi @PaulPavlinovich! Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, it's true that people could misuse the questions that way. I hadn't thought about the possibility of a few bad apples leaving false information. Let's just hope that the good can outweigh the few!

Connect Moderator

I think the good ones do outweigh the bad ones @Conradsbaby

Regards Paul