dbateser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Bogus forum posts

This forum is awash in silly one and two word posts. Couldn't some automated filter target these irrelevant listings and either delete them or place them in their own sub group [i.e."Just Trolling"]? Short of that how about adopting an interface similar to other google forums where you can read the first sentence before clicking? LGC becoming less of a useful landing place.

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Bogus forum posts

Hey @dbateser,

Thanks for reaching out.

I understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that it is hard to publish a post for the first time. Newcomers don’t know what to post, so we want to help them whenever we can. We usually share  information about our Local Guides Community to help them learn. If you see a post that was published by newcomers and not enough information there, please help and welcome them to the community.

When we can, we should try to educate new members and guide them to post correctly. Doing so we ensure that Connect is a warm, welcoming, accurate and organized place for all. 

Of course we would clean the spammy posts whenever we see them but if you notice a post that says [i.e."Just Trolling"], please feel free to Report Inappropriate Content.

I am moving your topic to the Feedback board, since you shared feedback that we appreciate. 

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators