DaVeedC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Black Hat on Google Maps

Discovered a local guide who is writing 5 star reviews for medical facilities that do not exist. My concern is that as a member of the medical community, if a patient in crisis looks at Google Maps for a local facility during a time of crisis and these fake locations appear, that a death or severe issue could result. I have attached two examples from the profile that was used. Please suggest options to keep the black hat folks out. 

Thank you for the feedback. The guide that I pointed out but have now removed the images has done north of 500 reviews, I believe, in the last month. To me, this is someone clearly either offshoring or hiring kids to write worthless reviews full time as no one who is a civilian writing honest real reviews would write 500 in a month. We all simply have lives.

I have done my best to modify this, anonymizing the reviews and individual. They seem to all be within two verticals: drug treatment and restaurants.Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 3.33.25 PM.png

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Black Hat on Google Maps

Hi @DaVeedC, thank you for reporting about the spam review from a local guide. However, you are requested to remove the images that identifies him publically. 

Meanwhile le I will loop @JeslynL & @ErmesT to guide you further.

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

Hi @DaVeedC, thank you for reporting about the spam review from a local guide. However, you are requested to remove the images that identifies him publically. 

Meanwhile le I will loop @JeslynL & @ErmesT to guide you further.

Level 6

Thank you for the feedback. Modified my post to remove old image and added in anonymized versions. Please let me know if this is good

Level 7

Thank you @DaVeedC, I believe you will be contacted shortly on how to report this LG through an email. 

Connect Moderator

It is good @DaVeedC, for sure you will receive soon some indications by @JeslynL for the next step.

What you discovered is not only violating the rules, but probably it is a violation of the law, using Google Maps to vehiculate wrong informations.

thanks to @EjazShah for tagging @JeslynL and myself

Level 8

Hi @DaVeedC,

I am health worker too, I understand it, what do you want to say and why.

For me, human life also has the highest value. Yours sincerely, Klaudia

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DaVeedC, I've reached out to you privately with more details on how to report a Local Guide who you think is not adhering to Google Maps’ policies or Local Guides’ Community Guidelines.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.