JohnnyE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Beta test the Google Maps on iOS

Hi All,

As Google Product expert under NDA, I am testing multiple Google Apps on my iPhone and those apps are not available for public, but Google Maps Beta app is available for public and only on Android devices. Please make it available for iOS users as well. Thanks.

Best,

Johnny..

9 comments
Level 9

Re: Beta test the Google Maps on iOS

@JohnnyE I think it's available for iOS users too.

follow the link mention below 

https://plus.google.com/114467849957055311981/posts/cMuCieEXEBy

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Hi @deepakjhic,

No it's not. My friends with Android devices doesn't need to opt-in but they are able to download Beta Google Maps App directly from Play Store.

Level 9

@_Johnny_ wrote:

Hi @deepakjhic,

No it's not. My friends with Android devices doesn't need to opt-in but they are able to download Beta Google Maps App directly from Play Store.

Yes my dear me too. But you are on level 6 and m sure the link mention above will show you more ways about beta tester. 

Click on the link mention in my first reply you'll be able to download beta app ( if beta team select you).

Have a great week ahead. 

Best regards 

@JohnnyE

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@deepakjhicI already received email to apply for beta testing but what I am talking about is that some of my LG friends who are levels below me are able to download the app without any request and waiting to be approved.

Level 8

as far as i know no beta testing for ios at the moment 

Level 5

Good afternoon. My name is Brian. Im a huge iOS fan. Im interested in beta testing googlemaps on an iphone or, an ipad (as they are slightly different and sub categorized differently within the Apple app store). How can I get the initial cost covered by google, amazon or apple?

Level 4
Level 4

Background:

I am a Local Guide Level 6 (for iOS? as my account here shows "level 4") Google Maps contributor and I have opted into the iOS beta program via the links in this thread.

I am also a professional mobile developer for both Android and iOS.

As I develop and test apps for the next mobile os version (Android and iOS) I like to test new os functionality to provide feedback / bug reports to Google or Apple.

Question:

Does anyone know if Google has started to select developers to test the new CarPlay functionality? I am not asking "why haven't I been selected yet", I was just wondering if Google was able to start selecting beta testers for the new 3rd party integration with Apple CarPlay or if they will have to wait until iOS is officially released before testing. All I have read here and in other sources is purely speculation and guesses.

Level 2

How do we become level 6 or more?

Level 6

Your Level increases based on your contributions. For example posting pictures to google maps or writing reviews; the more you do the higher your level will reach