bacardi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Are there any rewards for google local guides?

Dear @bacardi your work will remain forever on the Web. Your next generation will see your name when they need any help regarding any place. This is the reward. Thanks. 

Level 5

As allready stated Paul... there is NO community HERE at my location and i won't be using the forums.

Kind of regards, 

Level 5

Dear Koushik_Sarkar,

I was allready looking on how to change my name so it wouldn't display my full name when posting a review as I like a form of anonymity online. 

Not my full name that is linked to all types of things on the web.

Though i fully understand that this is a thrill that some people would enjoy ! 

Kind of regards,

Level 7

Same as me. There is no community in my city. I try to establish a community in my company. However, without any benefit, it is hard to maintain.

Level 7

Dear @PaulPavlinovich

Could you please confirm is there any reward available as I some posts like Google provide more storage or etc. As I recently cross level 6. Is there any rewards for that

Connect Moderator

I see you're actually level 7 @Kcchahali there are no "rewards" beyond the joy of helping other people, this isn't a job. It is something you do because you want to help people just like you. There are perks from time to time and all I can say is stay alert. Make sure you've got your perk notification settings turned on at https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings and you will be notified by email of perks relevant to you and your geographic area.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Hi @namcungkiem you may actually find it is the other way around. The communities established in Indonesia and India came after the era of constant perks and those communities thrive and grow constantly under the excellent local leadership. I ran a community in Melbourne which was established around the perks and when they stopped so did the community. A community established around the regime of stuff only survives while the stuff is coming in because the members have no altruistic reason for being in that community. It has taken me many years to rebuild Melbourne Local Guides and now we operate as a loose network of people with common interests which is much more sustainable. Greed is a poor motivator.

Regards Paul

Level 5

I joined and started contributing because I wanted the 1 TB of storage. Then it was taken away. This is the same as when you signed with Gmail because allegedly you had unlimited space and that later changed to a limit of 15 GB.  Then Google also quit on his "don´t be evil" slogan. It is becoming Evil Corp, it is sad.