deLucios's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Android Maps app issue - videos & pictures disappearing from contributions.

Thank you for the update, @DaveBooth.

To me, it is not a backend issue (otherwise it will affect all platforms).  So it is specific to Android Maps.

I will place attention to this issue, to see if I am having or not.  As I am also using Android Maps under Android 8.0.

Level 8

Re: Android Maps app issue - videos & pictures disappearing from contributions.

Hi @YK1001,

The problem is occurring with any version of Android, as my various devices are running on different "updates".

I recently posted another video, and see that as that one currently shows in Android Map app - the one I listed as an example of "showing" has disappeared. I've updated my original post accordingly. All videos still show in Windows web version of maps - just checked.

Level 8

Re: Ongoing Android Maps app issue - videos & pictures disappearing.

Just checked Android maps this morning, and now all videos have disappeared from contributions 😕 

Level 8

Re: Ongoing Android Maps app issue - videos & pictures disappearing.

I just noticed an android map update and was hopeful. Unfortunately, no change. No videos showing in android. Sent email via link in Google Play, as there are no Moderators commenting. Could anyone please add a hint or guide us to where we could get further information?

Level 8

Re: Ongoing Android Maps app issue - disappearing videos & pictures.

I'm hoping not, but ....have moderators been advised not to make comment on the app's disappearing videos issue? I honestly don't want to keep banging on about this, and a simple "it's being looked into by the team" or even "the team are aware of the problem" will suffice.

@JeslynL I'm aware you appear to be in contact with the developer team - could you please ask to see if they are aware of, and maybe looking into the problem?

@Maciej_K@deLucios, @LucioV, @HelloSamsonR - wondering if you have any of your videos left inside the app, or have yours all now disappeared too?

Level 10

Hi @DaveBooth Videos disappeared from my contributions tab few months back when I uploaded them. But in my total contributions tally, I still have the same number of videos uploaded.

Level 8

Re: Issue: videos disappearing

Hi @DaveBooth,

Sorry for the delay.

Only the latest 5 from my 174 videos are showing up in app Google Maps under Android. The problem with fluctuating number of points still exists under Windows. 
Cheers

@JeslynL Please help! 🙂

Level 8

I hope someone gives some feedback soon.

Level 8

I noticed today, that if I browse my Photo Contributions in any android web browser, then NO videos I've posted show up in the photo tab / list (even though I'm signed in)

However - if I click on "Request Desktop site" for any android browser ...then all the videos are displayed as I'd expect!

I wonder if this might be related in any way to the root cause of videos not displaying on android Maps app / Contributions tab?? Does the Map app call on "mobile data" to retrieve it's images? If so - no videos would display. If calling on "desktop data" instead, ....might the videos return. 

@JeslynL Is there a possibility this thought might be forwarded to the developers? I'm not saying this is the problem, but it might have some relationship as to why the videos did show, but don't now.

Level 8

Hi @MikeDownes,

Thanks for your suggestion of the email link mentioned on https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Get-answers-about-video-on-Google-Maps/bc-p/64010... , which I've just written to.

I'll forward any information I might receive, here and hopefully @YanniY and/or @TokyoJoe, might be able to give some insight.