Mr_Ian's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Allow Local Guides to review reported photos

A simple request to allow Local Guides to review photos that others have flagged using the same mechanism as when we have to verify facts (is a place closed etc)

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Allow Local Guides to review reported photos

Hello @Mr_Ian 

Thank you for sharing the 2nd thread @deepakjhic - I was able to merge that convo into this one.

The Local Guides team welcomes your feedback and I will share this idea with the appropriate teams. Thank you for the suggestions.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 8

Local Guides Photo Review

A simple request to allow Local Guides to review photos that others have flagged using the same mechanism as when we have to verify facts (is a place closed etc)

Level 9

Hi @Mr_Ian,

Sounds like a good feature request but you've started two thread with same request. Here is link to second thread. In that thread click on three dots at top right corner select delete. 

@BruceDM is this possible to include photos in check the facts section? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Got it thanks. Deleted the other one. Had a flaky wifi connection and didn't think the first one posted.

Level 7

That would be great. I think there's a lot of work ahead in order to better curate the content generated by other users.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @Mr_Ian 

Thank you for sharing the 2nd thread @deepakjhic - I was able to merge that convo into this one.

The Local Guides team welcomes your feedback and I will share this idea with the appropriate teams. Thank you for the suggestions.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Thanks @BruceDM To be clear, in my opinion we should only be allowed to review photos reported as not being relevant. Google should always deal with the other types or reports as they are trained to review these photos whereas Local Guides are the best to review photos on a location that shouldn't be there.

Level 7

Hello @Mr_Ian

Thanks for clearing that up ( your post above ) that we should only be able to review and mark non relevant photo's to be made non public.

You are correct that we shouldn't deal with photo's that violate the TOS and guidelines, that should be left for Google as per the current " Flag as inappropriate " function for them to review as we don't really know anything about their polices or not enough about them.

Anyway, for this system to really work it should be up to at least 5 Local guides to mark a photo as non relevant before it's put up for review by a Google Moderator to see if it actually is non relevant within a POI and then made non public.

If only one Local guide could do this, people would abuse and spam the system making more work for Google Moderators.

Level 10

This is a great idea  @Mr_Ian but it must be localised people in the same location or has more contibutions from the same location must have this chance to validate them , Then it would make sense , what say ?

Level 7

@NarenChandra

It actually doesn't need to be someone who's local to the area though it does need to be someone who has placed photo's / done a review etc of the POI, so has knowledge of what is and isn't at the POI.

I.E I can tell you what is and isn't at this POI though I'am not a Local ( USS Pampanito ) because I've been there.

Just because I'am not a local , it shouldn't rule me out of being able to review non relevant photo's for that location.