FreakinKat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

All this work and I have to ask

What are we getting paid in stickers!? And coupons? No we free equipment, so me can provide better content! And gas isn't free! Taking all these pictures take up alot of my cellphones service plan? Let's skip the cute stuff and talk business!? Or I'm out.

Texas, United States
13 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All this work and I have to ask

Your contributions are strictly voluntary @FreakinKat  and out of your own pocket.    The Local Guides Program is for those who want to enhance Google mapping services by providing a platform for people like yourself an opportunity to show others their hometowns, or other areas of interest.   It is unethical to deal business any other way when you are not an employee of Google, nor in a binding contract.   The program is supposed to be fun and free.

Level 10

Hi @FreakinKat the whole idea is that you could provide contributes, photos, reviews, edits, as long as they come along your travels.

There is no need to work for LG h24 and visit places to add contributes, although many of us arrange meetups to do so, paying expenses of travel and logistics.

It's all on your own initiative.

Level 7

And I completely respect that but I can’t help but wonder the amount of money  generated or being made from these contributors, I’d rather discuss this in private with google officials because I don’t want to create waves or some type of rebellion there’s enough anger and rage in the world as it is there’s no need for more. But to be completely honest I know a lot about google. So it would be fair “IF” maybe google could offer or if they do already offer a service for businesses to help get recognized or help verifying that they are the business they say they are, or whatever people pay money to sustain a business, and someone who’s a Master Professional photography guru could be struggling to pay the water bills and have a hard time finding work where they may be  living, maybe there are those that only own a camera and a laptop and live off the land jumping trains and could freelance or find a business nearby who just so happens to be wishing a trusted and pro photographer where nearby and eve if this pro photographer wasn’t backed by college masters degrees and signed papers mounted on the wall and cost thousands of dollars for the college version pro photographer? Does that make any sense? I’m sorry I got distracted and I’m not gonna look over my writing right now

, my apologies i am working on a very big project with the ISOC and working with my mentor in creating better STL and SSL protocol algorithms to put a dent in all the scamming and spamming going on globally. But look this should at least be useable as something for a job application or resume or community service at the least. But to tell me no one is making a fat wallet off this winin google is a straight lie or is misleading many people because I’m no fool when it comes to global economic and marketing.... I’m sure double click or any of those scumbags is in the license and privacy agreements somewhere. And yes I’m one of those people who reads every word and letter inside every single one of those ToS agreements and privacy agreements, and yes I understand many programming languages very very very well not to mention telecommunications and the rest of the networking industry’s. In sort I wasn’t born yesterday friend. 🧐so let’s be a little honest now shall we? Because I’m very blunt and honest, I’d hate to feel a need to dig into this whole thing and find something to the contrary. I know governments involved because there ips and mac ips are bound by law not to change (even though they do it anyways) but I am not here to prove or admit that that is factual information because my government is important to me and a vital part of any sustainable nation and or country) but I can assure you they sometimes are always looking in the wrong places for the “bad guys” but I will say this. I find it queer that EVERY MAJOR and some small businesses and conglomerates ALL started something similar to this at EXACTLY the same time. Almost like a meeting was held if you ask me 🤨... would you prefer I provide proof? Too bad I don’t wanna die 😂 I’m no idiot. I’d disappear without a word no doubt. So anyone curious do your own research. Oh and I have good ties and am a member of the the internet Society, very nice people with a good cause that I openly support with a

l my heart! Comments questions?(* 😸not related to my main topic please withhold or at least privately ask please*)

Level 7

But what if I can’t afford to go for the experience and wish to do so, and have contributed a lot to businesses isn’t that worth something? At least put me in the trunk with some water and a sleeping bag and I’d be happy with that 

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @FreakinKat the whole idea is that you could provide contributes, photos, reviews, edits, as long as they come along your travels.

There is no need to work for LG h24 and visit places to add contributes, although many of us arrange meetups to do so, paying expenses of travel and logistics.

It's all on your own initiative.

Level 10

Hi @FreakinKat just two quick answers.

For business professionals that want to improve their presence in Google, there is the free Google MyBusiness program: http://www.google.com/business

For professional freelance photographers there is the free Google Street View Trusted program: https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

So there is space for whom wants to earn something using for free Google services.

As well as, you can contribute, without having nothing in change, to LG volunteer program, and list it in your CV as volunteer activity (look at my LI profile for an example).

So, to my eyes, this is a win-win situation for both users and Google 🙂

Level 7

😸meow thank you 💪🧐 u r awesome possum

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @FreakinKat just two quick answers.

For business professionals that want to improve their presence in Google, there is the free Google MyBusiness program: http://www.google.com/business

For professional freelance photographers there is the free Google Street View Trusted program: https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

So there is space for whom wants to earn something using for free Google services.

As well as, you can contribute, without having nothing in change, to LG volunteer program, and list it in your CV as volunteer activity (look at my LI profile for an example).

So, to my eyes, this is a win-win situation for both users and Google 🙂

Level 7

Oh it is definitely fun and very free but for “everyone” or entity’s? And I do get worried when I go into a business and take pictures one lady flipped out and ran me off, I tried to explain it was just to help her business and let others know wat it looked like but she wasn’t having any of it! So can we add possibly dangerous to that list?

Level 10

@FreakinKat wrote:

Oh it is definitely fun and very free but for “everyone” or entity’s? And I do get worried when I go into a business and take pictures one lady flipped out and ran me off, I tried to explain it was just to help her business and let others know wat it looked like but she wasn’t having any of it! So can we add possibly dangerous to that list?

You always have to follow local and owner guidelines for photos, this is not a Google Local Guides guideline 😉 Local Guides are encouraged to shoot inside photos, but are not forcing anyone to do so, although gamification of the program seems pointing in this direction 😉

You can always opt out of the program, and start again using free services without giving any contribution-
Of course, Google is building a whole economic empire on data, from 50 millions of Local Guides too 😉

Level 7

When you say empire you are not Joking! Lmao 🤫