JasonP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Address problem on Googlemap

Hi,

I tried to add a new address that I lived in and eventhough it got added but the address is wrong and and its constantly wrong even when someone else adds it. And I tried to use the edit function but it still never got addressed. First the postcode was wrong and no matter how many times I tried to change it to the correct one, it never got into the database. Everytime I enter the correct information and evenwhen it gets through and approved by google, they always split my post code into 2 parts!! It doesn't make any sense at all. And I can't talk to anyone on the phone or online about it...So this means that people cannot find my home address using postcode which is super frustrating. And I find that many addresses around the area I live is wrong too!

I can understand for my flat(Eventhough I can't understand why it doesn't let me put in the correct address!! ) because its a new-built flat but I couldn't understand why other flats are also having postcode problem...

Any google expert can help on this??

Cheers

J

Lewisham, London, United Kingdom
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Address problem on Googlemap

Addresses are usually added directly rather than by us mere mortals. Probably based on Post Office data or somesuch.

I've fought to get several changed/updated/moved in the past and it can be a temperamental process at best as the original data tends to write back over any other edits made. What's the address/location?

Level 3

With whom did you fought or requested to change the address ?

Level 3

I am facing same problem in India. All the addresses nearby my residence are completely wrong and are auto-assigned based on some other map data, I guess.

It's really frustrating experience to find the postal code/ zip code wrong at all the places. Postal code is the main feature used to identify the area, if that is wrong at all the places, why it's still not considered as a serious product bug???

My locality is "Kamothe". And if you search it on google maps, the generated URL is

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Kamothe,+Panvel,+Navi+Mumbai,+Maharashtra+410206/@19.0179364,73....

You can see the postal code as 410206 in the location link I have included, whereas actual postal code is 410209.

Now all the features(buildings, parks, hospitals, all hundreds of them) under this locality is assigned the wrong postal address in maps automatically. 

Is there any channel by which this issue can be reported to the devs properly? It seems this forum is only a platform for discussion and I won't be heard by the concerned authorities. 😞

Sorry, if the frustration is reflected in the language used.

Level 8

hello guys. this problem is all over the world, because we still don't have a good address editor. even the old MapMaker is not capable to fix many such mistakes. unfortunatelly we lost the only one direct channel for reporting bugs (Issue Tracker) and now we only can send general bug reports (in-app options) which literally take "years" to get addressed, if ever, and without letting us know when and if they were processed after all. we do hope in a better and more addressed system for issues like this in the future. for now, you only can fix single address points and each fix requires a different technical approach. so, if you need to fix only single POIs with a private information, feel free to PM me, since as a RL I have rich experience with fixing these errors. for more complex fixes you need to tag Gustavo. please, be very exact and specific prior to tagging him, it helps the GM team focus on that particular problem.

Level 6

I just met with this problem Zips. All places that I brought were introduced with the wrong number. Some even appear in another city who wears the (erroneous) ZIP code.
How to solve it? Correction address does not help.