AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Adding national flag to Local Guides Connect signature

The day before yesterday I added the national flag to my signature. Today I noticed that image was removed and my signature was showing the default "Image not found" image.

nationalflag.jpg

I do not know who removed it. I upload the national flag to Local Guides Connect. Is it against the program rules? I just want to show I am from Sri Lanka. I just added a national flag to my signature again using an external URL for demonstration. If it is against the rules of the program I will remove it.

@TraciC Please advice me. 

Sri Lanka
38 comments
Level 10

Re: Adding national flag to Local Guides Connect signature

@AnuradhaP

I don't think that it's against Local Guide rules.

Because it is a National Flag and it's not for Marketing Purpose.

but i'm still confuse !

so please, clear Doubt for this matter. 

Thank You 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Googler

@AnuradhaP What are you using to upload the flag to your signature? I can see it loading on my end from a desktop computer. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

I can see the flag, and seems is uploaded on this instance of Lithium:

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/76292iBB6944561E4B2CAF/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999
Level 10

@TraciC @LucioV Earlier I uploaded it to Local Guides Connect Album and got deleted. The current image is uploaded to my website and I used the URL feature of the Photos to link it. Now it is working and if it is not against LG Connect rules I will use it.

Level 10

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@TraciC @LucioV Earlier I uploaded it to Local Guides Connect Album and got deleted. The current image is uploaded to my website and I used the URL feature of the Photos to link it. Now it is working and if it is not against LG Connect rules I will use it.

Nice to see it @AnuradhaP!

And also, never noticed that when i insert images using external URL, they are uploaded to Litihium anyway! Nice to know, so if are removed from the original location, will still be visible here 😉

Level 10

@TraciC Please check my signature now. The flag is removed again. Could you please check this?

Level 10

@TraciC I am going to fix it again since it is not nice to have something like this in my signature :). See the following image. It is showing the default "Image Not Found" image of the Local Guides Connect. @TraciC Could you please check whether the system is automatically remove this?

issue.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AnuradhaP, I am able to see the flag in your signature as intended. 

Let us look into it for you. Thank you for highlighting this!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynL Thanks. This is the second time it happened. I uploaded the image again. Please check.