Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Adding Images While Adding A New Place

If I submit a new place that is not on Google Maps yet, doesn't it make sense that there should be an ADD PHOTOS section as well, to prove that place actually exists? So far I am always waiting it out until Google Maps accepts my edits and new additions and THEN add my photos, but this is quite time consuming. I am not sure if this has been discussed anywhere else, but it would be a great thing to have to speed up also the approval process from Google's site to verify if something is genuine.

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Adding Images While Adding A New Place

This is already possible if you have an Android phone. And yes it has been discussed/suggested that it be extended to other platforms, desktop

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

This is already possible if you have an Android phone. And yes it has been discussed/suggested that it be extended to other platforms, desktop

Level 7

Yes, this is one of the problem i was facing if at all i want to upload a photo of newly added place. Overtime I found some work around. As soon as i add new place in Maps, i general get an email saying i have added the new place. In this email we generally have the link on clicking it will open up the same place in maps (even though it is not published yet). During this time, i was able to add the photos.. It takes little bit more time than normal, but certainly better than waiting till it is published.

However, from few days i noticed that i can search for the place even though if it is not published (which is added by me) in the map. Here also you can upload the photos..

Level 8

thanks @bharathgup for those additional insights. I love to streamline things and save time, so if I want to add something really quick and add images I now just use the Android app to do so. However in order to save time I often just shoot images and collect information such as time table and then go to my office and do a intense 1-2 hour session using my mobile phone doing the entries this way as its just quicker using the native app.

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
Level 10

Strange discussion, cuz from today this feature isn't available anymore. I tried to add new location and adding some pictures from my gallery (Google Fotos). That works till today. Now it opens the camera App. No way to get fotos from my gallery. 

What's wrong? 

Regards 

Tassilo 

P. S. I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and a Nexus 5. 

Pressing + will open camera instead of gallery or Google Fotos - why?Pressing + will open camera instead of gallery or Google Fotos - why?

Level 9

During adding a place on maps, there is always an option to add photos as well as other details. But when you add a place without a photo, then you have to wait until its approved and wait some more maybe for it to appear on the map then you can add yuor photos

Level 10

As I described this is not true for me. There was a change. Maybe it's only in Germany or for me. 

This option doesn't exits anymore for me. 

I don't no why. That's the problem. 

What happens on your phone, if you try to add fotos while changing something else to the place? 

Level 7

From recent past as soon as you add new place, it is kind of visible to you (the person who added). But not to everyone until it is verified. The reported problem was an issue in the earlier version of the Maps app. 

Level 10

I am not sure what you try to tell me, but here is the link to my problem outside of this old desktop issue thread https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/223497

In short 

1) I added new places with my apps approx 370 times. I always add a foto the same time

2) all times I made changes to places with my apps approx 1200 times. I always add a foto the same time

3) I always added fotos from my gallerie. After pressing + right from fotos I could choose whether I would like to use my gallery or would like to use my camera

4) From today I didn't have that choice anymore. The camera app starts on two different devices with two different Android OS 

5) If I try to add fotos all the other ways it works. I can choose. 

6) that's and only that is my problem

7) that problem has a hard impact in the usability of Maps for a local guide 

I will appreciate any help

Tassilo 

Level 9

Maybe you should try reistalling the app