TomiFinland's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

About Local Guides program rules.

I don't understand this next part which I copy&paste here; If you've imported content that has been dropped and removed from Google Maps, it will not be taken into account when setting up your Local Guides. And same in Finnish which is my home language and I still don't understand; Jos taas olet tuottanut toimintansa lopettaneisiin ja Google Mapsista poistettuihin yrityksiin liittyvää sisältöä, sitä ei huomioida Local Guides ‑tasoasi määritettäessä. So here is the question: Business does exist and I make contribution changes there and get points. If that business is for example makes bankrupt year later, do I lose my points which I got a year before?

-TomiFinland
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: About Local Guides program rules.

@TomiFinland @Naiem just a small note on this.. 

Refer to https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851?hl=en, sroll down all the way to "Do my points expire?"

"Based on our current points and benefits structure, contributions made to points of interest or businesses that are on Google Maps do not expire. Contributions made to businesses that have permanently closed and have been removed from Google Maps will not count toward your Local Guides level."

Which means that your contribution points to locations do not expire, except if that location/business in permanently closed and removed from Google Maps. Then, all the points related to that location will no longer be counted, so, in effect, your points may go down. 

So regarding Tomi's issue, if a particular business went bankrupt, nothing changes, until someone marks it permanently closed or removes it from Google Maps. Then, all contributions related to that place will no longer be counted. 

Hope this helps. 🙂 

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hello @TomiFinland, A winter welcome in Local Guides Conmect. Thank you posting in Connect.

@TomiFinland wrote:

So here is the question: Business does exist and I make contribution changes there and get points. If that business is for example makes bankrupt year later, do I lose my points which I got a year before?

My answer is "no". I mean, you will not lose your points which you earned/got a year ago.

If you have more question, feel free to ask here.

Thanks for being with Local Guides

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Regards,

- Al Naiem

Level 8

@Naiem Thank You for clearing me that out!

-TomiFinland
Level 8

You're most welcome dear @TomiFinland.

Level 10
Solution

@TomiFinland @Naiem just a small note on this.. 

Refer to https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851?hl=en, sroll down all the way to "Do my points expire?"

"Based on our current points and benefits structure, contributions made to points of interest or businesses that are on Google Maps do not expire. Contributions made to businesses that have permanently closed and have been removed from Google Maps will not count toward your Local Guides level."

Which means that your contribution points to locations do not expire, except if that location/business in permanently closed and removed from Google Maps. Then, all the points related to that location will no longer be counted, so, in effect, your points may go down. 

So regarding Tomi's issue, if a particular business went bankrupt, nothing changes, until someone marks it permanently closed or removes it from Google Maps. Then, all contributions related to that place will no longer be counted. 

Hope this helps. 🙂 

Level 8

@StephenAbraham WoW

actually You are the one who read my mind. Your answer gives me just the right information that I need. Your answer is better than my own language translation. Now I fully understand what that part of the rules mean.

-TomiFinland
Level 8

Hi dear @LucioV. Take a look here.

Level 10

I'm not sure, because I didn't tested directly. I manage some GMB places permanently closed, and I'm still able to add contributes. I will try to see if they give points.

Nope, i cannot add a review to a permanently closed place, but old reviews are still in place and also public.

But I cannot be sure of points detracted when places close ad my contributes are old.